"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

My Perfect Romance

Matt and I recently found ourselves with an opportunity to watch a movie. We went with my favorite genre, romantic comedy! He likes romance too 😉

What we watched: My Perfect Romance on Nexflix

Rating: PG

Synopsis:

Newly appointed CEO of Robinson Tech, Wes Robinson, is looking for new ideas to boost the company’s sales. Vivian Blair, a program developer, shares a dating algorithm she has been working on called My Perfect Match. Wes sees potential and an opportunity to turn the company around and launches the service. When the pair is challenged to use My Perfect Match themselves to find love, this algorithm shows some interesting results.

My Thoughts

I enjoyed this movie. I liked Vivian Blair and her relationship with her sister. If I am being honest I was a little jealous of how often they talked (I know, it's a movie, but still!). I loved how Vivian starts out meek and mild, but when push came to shove, she was not afraid to stand up to her boss.

At first, I did not like Wes Robinson. He is your egotistical rich male, with a love 'em and leave 'em attitude. His work ethic stinks, and he doesn't seem to be interested in anything other than women. However, his character grows and by the end, I do like him.

I did not like Wes's mother (and I don't think you are supposed to). She loves her job to the exclusion of everything and I wanted to say "wake up, and get a clue! The work will be there tomorrow, but your family might not be." She definitely needed a perspective change. By the end of the movie, she is softening just a little.

Now, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the cheesy factor! There were some points where we felt the actors were not acting very well. There were lines that had us rolling our eyes. There were also quite a few moments that had us chuckling. If you are looking for a clean romantic comedy that leaves you with a good feeling, I highly recommend this one.

🎥🎥🎥🎥/5 movie reels

You can watch the trailer here. I wouldn't recommend watching the very end, it has a spoiler.

2 comments:

  1. Now, why would they put a spoiler in the trailer?? Thanks for the review...not always easy to find something worth watching that is rated PG. Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I know! I don't like spoilers in books or movies, it's crazy they would do that. It was a super cute movie.

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.