"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, May 19, 2022

Quiet yet busy

I have been pretty quiet on here again. That's never my intent but I get so busy, start prioritizing things, and this blog always gets put last. In the last few weeks Kayla has come home from college, Elijah had a music concert, finished his lessons, finished, school, graduated high school, has been car shopping, we went to a performance at Samuel's school, I have been actively looking for a job, had three interviews and a project (with the same place), baby-sat, culled out most of our paperwork from school, mostly finished Elijah's transcript (still waiting on his grade from SPCC), had to take Elijah to urgent care, then to a dermatologist, and I could go on. It has been a LOT. It's also been hard. Not because the stuff has been hard (although some of it has been) but because there has been NO routine. Every time we planned something someone's schedule would change (Elijah's work schedule changed 3 times in one day). I thrive on routines, Elijah thrives on routines, we really need our routines. However, until I settle on a job I think we are just going to be drifting through the days doing the best we can, and that is exhausting. I am completely wiped out today. I know it's all going to work out and things could be so much worse. I am not complaining, simply explaining why it has been so quiet around here. I am still hoping to get into a more consistent blogging routine but make no promises. Every time I try something comes up 😂 I have a lot of things I want to share, so hopefully I will get to those things soon! I also haven't processed any of this yet...so maybe writing out the blog posts will help. While Elijah is finished with school I need to do a few more things (like close it down with the state) and maybe that will make it feel more real too 😂

What is doing on in your neck of the woods? Anything interesting? Are you in a super busy season?

2 comments:

  1. mothering is plain hard work, isn't it. but oh the joys sprinkled in during the hardest of days. meanwhile, blog when it gives you joy ... those are the best posts, aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. Parenting is hard work but so worth it too! Praying for you and your mom.

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.