"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, April 30, 2022

Fast

When I think of the word "fast," I can't help but think about how it feels like life is moving too fast. I also think that fast is not necessarily good or the better choice.

Fast food vs home cooked

fast weight loss vs slow weight loss (slow usually stays off)

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going to fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."-Eddie Cantor

"Fast food is popular because it's convenient, it's cheap, and it tastes good. But the real cost of eating fast food never appears on the menu."-Eric Schlosser

We can't change the speed of life, but we can change how we speed through it.  Life is moving fast, no point in denying that, and I am doing my best to slow down and be present for what really matters. I would encourage you to do the same.  

Today's Five Minute Friday topic is fast. Five Minute Friday is hosted on Kate's blog.  Click on the link if you want to participate and see what our other blogger friends are up to!

4 comments:

  1. Love your conclusion about changing HOW we speed through life. Well said.
    Visiting from FMF322

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, I wasn't completely satisfied with this post, but wanted to participate.

      Delete
  2. It does take intentionality to savor the moments, Cindy! What a great quote by Eric Schlosser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.