"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, April 1, 2022

Coffee-Five Minute Friday

I have always loved the smell of coffee but never had the desire to drink it...until one year I gave up soda for lent. It just so happened that it was also the year my husband was in Iraq and I was single parenting. Not the smartest decision. I was struggling so bad and my sister told me I should drink coffee. I laughed at her. I was like, I don't like coffee. Her response was "you just have to know how to drink it." She proceeded to make me a coffee that had cappuccino mixed in with it, along with a healthy dose of sugar and creamer. It was a life changer! All the sudden I loved coffee (or ya know, sugar) and had a new addiction.

Well, as time went on I wanted to be healthier and lose some weight. I started decreasing the sugar and cappuccino that was in it. As more time went on and I realized my allergy triggers, the sugar was gone, the creamer was gone, and the cappuchino was gone. I now drink coffee with a little bit of real maple syrup in it and 2 tablespoons of oat milk, it is also a light roast. 

Back in November a wicked doctor (my Gastrologist) told me I needed to get off of coffee. The horror! Did he know what he was asking? He thought it would help with my stomach issues. He was wrong. It did however increase my depression and affect my mental health.

Needless to say, I am back on my coffee and hopefully no wicked people will make me go off of it again! 😂 I will also add, the coffee has to be HOT. Not cold, not lukewarm, hot...just like we are to be on fire for God ;)

97403-Coffee-Is-A-Hug-In-A-Mug Amazon Lately! _ Mix & Match Mama 

Coffee Mugs to Match Your Personal Style _ Society6 (1) e11a86fba17ddb4d5f5efe7589d80971 

Are you a coffee drinker? Do you drink it black or with all the sugar? Cold or hot?

 I am participating again in Five Minute Friday over at Kate's blog. Today the topic is coffee. Click on the link below to see what others are saying about coffee today!

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Barb, in all honesty I have never tried an iced coffee, but I do not enjoy my hot coffee wants it starts getting cool.

      Delete
  2. no, no, and no again. No coffee. I've tried and since I don't like the smell of it, it's a bit of a lost cause

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette, I agree, if you don't like the smell you won't like the taste. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. I really used to love the smell
      of that Heaven's brew
      until I got to learn full well
      what it could do to you.
      It made me nervous as a cat
      that had been hooked on speed,
      and so very cognizant that
      I now had a vital need
      for that ground and roasted bean
      sent to liquid grace,
      and I could not split the scene
      but now had to face
      that I truly could not think
      without this dark and magic drink.

      Delete
    3. Andrew, you continue to amaze me with your poems! Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  3. No coffee here ... but yes please to a great big mug of hot tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, to each their own, right? For a long time it was just water for me.

      Delete
  4. A drink a coffee type beverage. Rather weak, I suppose, to many. But I definitely like it hot. The cold brew coffee trend - I just don't get it?? I would like to learn to drink my coffee without sweetener but not sure it will happen. Glad you stopped by the blog the other day - I'm late getting around to the FMF posts...but hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I think some sweetness in coffee is fine, my husband does a teaspoon of sugar, which is better than the multiple table spoons I used to do ;)

      Delete
  5. I love coffee and I am a little bit of a coffee snob, I suppose. I'm fussy about brands and prefer coffee from small batch roasters. I've even become a fair hand at identifying tasting notes and origins by smell and taste! I like my coffee hot with just cream, but I do like the occasional flavored latte, hot or iced.

    I'm so enjoying learning about all the different views on coffee from all my FMF friends!

    Stopping by from FMF#22

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kym, that is awesome that you can identify tasting notes and origins, I will never be that good at it :) I am too picky and not at all about the heavier coffees. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.