"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Share Four Somethings-April 2022

Welcome back to share four somethings, a monthly link-up hosted by Heather Gerwing (thank you Heather!) where you literally share four somethings on the fourth Saturday of the month. The categories are Something Loved, Something Gleaned, Something Braved, and Something Achieved (new topics for a new year!). Even if you do not participate in the link-up, I would love to hear your four somethings from the last month. 

Something Loved

There are so many things I have loved from the past month. Of course, they all have to do with my family as well. We took a road trip to WV to see my son's favorite comedian Tim Hawkins perform and my daughter and her friend joined us 😀 I wrote a post on it so I won't go into more details here. My daughter also came home for Easter weekend. We went to my husband's parents house at the lake and hung out with them, playing games and just relaxing. Easter Sunday we went to church and spent the rest of the day relaxing. It was so nice having family time. With my daughter in college I really cherish the moments we can all be together, knowing change is on the horizon.

 Something Gleaned

This month I read Seen: Healing Despair and Anxiety in Kids and Teens Through the Power of Connection. I had noticed that my teens and others that I am in contact with seemed to be dealing with a lot of anxiety and depression. I was looking for something that would inform me and hopefully help me to help them. I found it in this small gem of a book. Plus, it is not my imagination that our kids are struggling more as this statistic from the book shows:

"In recent years, our world has seen a pandemic of depression, anxiety, and despair in kids and teenagers. In fact, the age group that has seen the highest increase in suicide rates is in kids 10 to 14 years old."

 Something Braved or Saved

I did do something brave this month...I applied to be a receptionist at Proverbs 31 Ministries. I have not heard anything back and I may not, but I took another step toward getting a job. I love Proverbs 31 Ministries and it would be wonderful to work with so many wonderful Christian ladies.

We are a gaming family. We love card games, board games, and video games. We are always looking to add to our collection. I was at Harris Teeter and I saw these card games (Battleship and Connect Four) and almost bought them. I had never seen them before but thought they might be fun. I snapped a picture instead to see if I could find them cheaper somewhere else...and maybe see if we really needed them 😂 So, this is something I have saved on my phone.


Something Achieved

This might seem silly but it was an achievement. My daughter got me a Friend's puzzle for Christmas. I started it in January and finished it last week. It was one of the most difficult puzzles I have ever done. It was hard to tell what was edge pieces as so many had straight edges. Plus there were special pieces shaped like a couch, a guitar, an arrow, etc., which added to the difficulty.

So, what about you? What is something that you have loved in this month? Something you have gleaned? Something achieved and something brave? I would love to hear from you!

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

To see what other bloggers are sharing this month head over to Heather's blog by clicking on the icon below.

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to experience good family time together, Cindy. Let us know how the card game versions of the old board games work out for you and your family. Great job finishing the puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I will if I decide to buy them, LOL! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on finishing the puzzle. I, too, often snap photos of things I want to show my spouse. I often forget, but then that means it's not important. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also snap a lot of things that I forget to do anything with, LOL! Eventually I clean them off my phone. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. We saw Tim Hawkins perform a few years ago and laughed until we cried. :) "Seen" sounds like a very powerful book. We all long to be seen and heard, at any age, but especially our teens during the past few years. Hope you hear good news soon from Proverbs 31 Ministries. What a fun puzzle! I did a snow scene over Christmas that was a weird shape like your puzzle and I agree it made it SUPER hard to do, not having the traditional border pieces. I prefer not to do it again. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, yes, it was the best laughter we have had in quite some time. So fun. Seen was/is a powerful book. I have an interview Thursday @ 3:30 with Proverbs 31, pray for God's will. I also do not want to do that puzzle again, LOL, not for a long, long time!

      Delete
  4. Wow that stat about teen suicide is heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, it's a hard truth, but one we all need to be aware of.

      Delete
  5. Wow - great puzzle! Kudos for sticking with it. I am a bit late reading these posts....but have you heard anything regarding the job application. Sounds like it would be a great job and place to work!! I'll be praying it works out -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I have my interview today so prayers are certainly appreciated! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I LOVE that puzzle! Friends is my love language. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, same! My sister got me a 4-pack Friends puzzle. I have not done them yet, I decided after finishing this one to come back after a different one in case they were just as hard, LOL.

      Delete
  7. Cindy, it's so good when our children can be home when we haven't seen them for awhile! Family is so important. Wow, that's a cool puzzle. You have more stamina than I do. I think I would have given up. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I was tempted to give up multiple times and I would let weeks go by without touching it, but I was determined not to let it best me. I am glad I finished :)

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.