"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Kayla Update

Ever since I did my Elijah update I have been *meaning* to do an update for Kayla. However, meaning do isn't actually doing it 😂 I have had a hard time setting aside time to do the blog. I have been super busy but don't ask me with what because I honestly just don't know. 🤦😂

Anyway, Kayla only has 3 1/2 weeks left of her semester, including her Easter break. The finish line is in sight. While I know she is ready for the semester to be over, she is not ready to leave her friends! She loves and misses us, but she loves and misses them too, when she's away from them. I could not be more thankful for the friendships she has made and I pray that her friendships continue to grow as they encourage each other in the Lord. 

When Kayla goes back to school in the fall she will be entering as a second semester junior 😀 She is not planning to graduate early, but her last two years will be MUCH lighter than these first two have been. She will have 12-13 hours per semester instead of 17-18. I am excited for her and I know it will be good for her not to carry such a heavy load.

These past two years have been so hard on her, in a variety of ways. Especially last year with the pandemic still being new and no one really knowing what was going on. This year has been a bit more "normal." 

Last week she texted me and said she was going to get her hair cut. This was the first (possibly second) time she went without me 😊 This is the picture she sent me when she was done. And, her hair has not been colored again, even though it kind of looks like it.

 

She has encountered hard things and has had to learn how to deal with them on her own. She still has some situations that are not good, but are beyond her control. She has learned so much about herself, and has grown in so many ways. I am so proud of the young lady she is becoming and the way she handles herself. I am proud of her for stepping outside of her comfort zone and trying new things. As an example, last weekend her choir was on tour and Kayla had a solo! I was so proud of her for trying out in the fall, but then to get it and do it! She was a bundle of nerves but she did great (I will have the link to the song below so you can watch it if you want). 

I briefly mentioned her friends at the beginning of this post, but I will mention again that they are good for Kayla. She almost always has someone to study with, eat with, run to Walmart with, go to Church with and so much more. Recently they got dressed up and hit the town, having a blast and looking pretty snazzy! I love that they can take breaks and goof off together. I truly am thankful for them and the ways they have been there for her.

Please pray for Kayla over the next few weeks as she wraps up the semester and transitions back home. Pray that she would stay healthy, get the rest she needs, and do well on her exams. Pray for her as she travels home for Easter and then back to school a few short days later. 

By the way, I went to Ohio last weekend and was able to spend a little time with Kayla and her friends. It was a very short trip but I was thrilled to be there for her choir concert. Because of the pandemic this was the first one we have been able to go to. I was also surprised by the coldness and snow so late in March!!

 
Here are links to the songs that I recorded from Kayla's concert if you want to take the time to watch them. Just FYI I will not be winning any awards any time soon for my recording skills 🤦 It was a great evening and I thankful I was able to go. I was surprised by the instruments that accompanied their performance. When I was in choir it was just the piano!

Kayla's solo was in the song "Amen" and you can watch it here.
The next song was "This is Amazing Grace" and you might recognize the guitar player here.
Following that was "Jesus Paid it All" and the guitar player did a great job here.
After that was "Amazing Grace" and you can here it here.
Be Thou My Vision, Kumbaya and several others are here.
They sang Ubi Caritas which is Latin and can be watched here.
Go Down Moses was especially fun and you can watch it here.
"I Will Follow Him" can be watched here.

I am excited to see Kayla using the gifts God has blessed her with and can't wait to see how she continues to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.