"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Married at First Sight

I am not a huge TV/movie watcher. I much prefer to read than to watch something on TV. However, every once in a while I really just want to veg out and not think about anything. So, Wednesday evening Matt and I had a rare Wednesday evening to ourselves while Elijah was at work. We decided to watch TV and relax. I was thinking about trying Old Enough a show I have heard quite a bit about and sounds really fascinating. However, I realized it was in subtitles and we were not in the mood for that (although I will try it eventually.

Anyway, as I was looking for something to watch I came across a reality TV show called Married at First Sight. It's premise is "In an extreme social experiment, six singles yearning for a lifelong partnership agree to a provocative proposal: getting married the moment they meet. Each new two-hour episode will capture each couple’s emotional journey as they go from wedding to honeymoon, to early nesting and navigating the daily struggles that come with a new marriage. The newly matched couples will also get the opportunity to meet and share the good, the bad and the ugly about their unique unions. After the eight-week experiment comes to an end, each couple will make the biggest decision of their lives: to stay married or get a divorce. " Matt and I looked at each other and we were like "okay, yeah, we'll give it a try."

As we were starting it Matt said, "how desperate do you have to be to do a show like this?"

Can I just say I was immediately captivated?! Hook, line, and sinker I couldn't get enough. The people who are looking to get married each have their reasons and on the particular season Netflix is airing (10) they all seem to be educated. They are not in desperate situations, although they might be a bit crazy 😂

I couldn't believe the story line. I was amazed that the people who were hosting the show is a pastor/marriage counselor, a sociologist and I think a psychotherapist. Not sure what I was expecting, but that wasn't it. We watched the entire first episode and watched the beginning of the second so I could watch the first couple get married 😂 I had no idea how the show was going to work until I looked it up and put the blurb in the post for you all. Matt and I were both disappointed when we stopped watching last night and can't wait until we can watch it again. Unfortunately, we are not sure when that will be 😂 

I think what I liked about it is that it is different than anything we have watched. And, yes, we live in a small bubble, the current season is apparently 14, which means it's been around a while and we've never heard of it. There is some drama and I imagine as we get into the show and the couples get to know each other there will be a lot of drama. But there were so many sweet moments and moments that made us laugh or smile. We need more of that. There was some language and some that was bleeped out, but so far (only 1 episode!) it was a clean show.

What was the last show that completely captivated you and left you wanting more? In other words, what are the best binge-worthy shows out there??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.