"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, April 9, 2022

Explore-Five Minute Friday

I love to explore new places, don't you? To me, that is part of the allure of traveling. We have been blessed to travel and explore so many new places. There's just something about that feeling of
discovering something new. Do you know what I mean?

While we are quick to want to explore new places, new restaurants, new diets, we don't always have the same love for exploring God's Word. I won't ask if I am right. 

I recently found a journal to help me further my Bible Study in a new way. The concept was not new to me, I learned it a few years ago, but this particular journal does things a bit differently. It is a verse mapping journal. Have you heard of verse mapping? I first learned about it in 2018 from Proverbs 31 Ministries, through their Why Her? Bible study. In the Bible Study Companion there was a video of verse mapping.

What is different with the journal? First, it gives me a place to keep all my verse mapping together.
Second, if you have no idea what verses to study there is a study plan in the journal for you to pick verses from. That is all I will say about that because this is not a book review, LOL. The first page is my notes, the second page is the example from the book since it is a more personal page.

When was the last time you explored the Word in a new way? When was the last time you wanted to? Do you have any Bible study skills that help you to explore the Word deeper? Or just in a new way?

I applied my mind to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under the heavens. What a heavy burden God has laid on mankind! Ecclesiastes 1:13 NIV

Today's Five Minute Friday topic is explore. Five Minute Friday is hosted on Kate's blog.  Click on the link below if you want to participate and see what our other blogger friends are up to!

6 comments:

  1. Great challenge - to explore God's Holy Word in a new way! That's just what I'll begin doing after Easter
    Just stopped by from FMF#18

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have this journal! I love it. Thank you for sharing this blessed message and challenge. Blessings.
    FMF#20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Paula! My son got it for me a few weeks ago (I picked it out), and I am really enjoying it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the challenge this afternoon. I will admit I have never heard of verse mapping - but I'm going to look into it. And thanks for the resource!! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, it is a great way to see connections in Scripture :)

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.