"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

75 Hard Challenge Update

May be an image of 1 person and indoor
Day #1 the 2nd time

Well, I do not want to say I failed again, but I did not succeed again. So, to be clear:

Sickness = 2

75 Hard challenge = 0

The first time I did the challenge I lasted 5 days before I had to stop. You can read that update here.

This time I was on day 29 when I had to admit defeat, 29!!! 😭😭

Can I just tell you all that I tried SO hard not to stop exercising when I got sick this time? I started not feeling good last Wednesday and would say I have been sick since Thursday. I worked out every.single. day., even though it was hard and I was not feeling good. Sunday was very difficult, but I manged to get it all in. Come Monday...everything else was fine, and even somewhat easy to do (well, except when I forgot about my water and found myself chugging 6 ounces at 7 pm 😬), but the exercise was kicking my tail. Monday I got up and I was so short of breath I couldn't talk without having difficulty, much less exercise. I hated to admit defeat but I did not have any energy, I was short of breath, coughing, couldn't walk in a straight line! Matt decided to stay home and take Elijah to his stuff so I could fully rest (thank God for him!). He told me that I needed to rest and I did not need to exercise. I was not happy. I had come so far but I finally had to agree with him, I couldn't do it.

So, I have learned a few things:

1. I do not believe I will start this challenge again. 

I wonder if working out an hour and a half wore my immune system down allowing me to get sick twice in a month, or if it was coincidence? I have no idea. But, what I do know is that I do NOT want to work out 7 days a week. I don't mind walking 6-7 days a week and doing an additional workout, but I truly have no desire to work out on Sunday. I need a rest day. While I will not do the challenge again, I will still continue to do all the things I started (once my energy is back), but not to the extent of an hour and a half work out every day. I will continue to eat healthy, drink plenty of water, and exercise.

2. It takes a LOT of grit and determination to get out and exercise every single day. 

I really started loving my walks once I got wireless ear buds and started listening to audio books. Some days the books are what got me out the door, other days it really was the desire to be healthier and enjoy a walk.

3. Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

I knew this, but I agree with the guy who started this challenge, if you are going to do cheats, what's the point? Who are we helping if we take shortcuts? 

4. I can walk in the rain.

I don't like to do it, but I did it several times over the last 28 days!

I am blanking, I know I learned other stuff, but this is what I know now, LOL.

May be an image of 1 person, standing and indoor
Day 1 the first time


May be an image of 1 person and standing
 Day #8 2nd time
May be an image of 1 person, standing and indoor
Day #15
May be an image of 1 person, standing and indoor
Day 22
No description available.
Admitting defeat because of sickness

 I did not want to write this post. I did not want to admit defeat, however, there are things beyond our control and sickness is one of them. I will take this forced rest and rest as much as I can. Once I am better I will start exercising again, which was the point of the challenge. Have a great (healthy) day my friends, and know, that even when we feel defeated and low, there is still good in this world. I am thankful that my Covid test was negative. I am thankful Matt was able to give me a day of rest. I am thankful that it's not pneumonia. I am thankful that this too shall pass.


2 comments:

  1. Walking is one of the best exercises you can do even if nothing else. Be proud of what you did accomplish that some of us wouldn't even try. Keep doing what you need to do for you and no one else. That will always be what is most important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am proud of what I accomplished. I didn't know for sure if I would be able to keep up with an hour and a half of exercise every single day. I can, but it is exhausting, LOL. Thank you for your encouragement.

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.