"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Monday, September 6, 2021

It's a new car!

 The past month or so we were car shopping for Kayla. We knew we wanted her to have a car with her at college this year so she could get around as needed. She knew she did not want a car (they are too small and she feels safer sitting higher), but she couldn't decide exactly what she wanted. She really wanted a mini-van, but our Silver Van is not safe enough for her to take and I was not giving her my red van. So, she narrowed it down to a couple of SUV's. As it was getting closer for her to leave she still had not figured out what she wanted. So, Matt and I finally went and test drove a couple of her top picks and got something we thought she would like. I felt like she was overwhelmed by too many decisions and decided she could pick between what we had just bought and my red van. We had 30 days that we could return the vehicle as long as we did not put more than 1500 miles on it.






Turns out she had sat in one with Matt and didn't like it at all. I didn't know that but we decided she would take the van and I would take the Hyundai, we were out of time. We drove the Hyundai to Ohio when we were taking Kayla back to school and it rides really well. Unfortunately, it just didn't have enough storage space in the back for all of our stuff. Since we travel a lot we decided we would take it back. Last Friday we started back to Gastonia. If you follow me on social media, you know what happened. If you don't here is the story: Let me tell you about my Jesus. Today I was riding down Interstate because we are returning the car we bought a few weeks ago. I am cruising in the middle lane at 75 mph. All the sudden the car in front of me hits something on the interstate, flipping it up under my car. Next thing I know I am blowing blue smoke out my rear. I'm like, okay, I will get off at the next exit. Once I get off the exit and make it down the ramp the light stays green and I turn left heading for the Chick-Fil-A. I call Matt and tell him where I am because he was meeting me at the car dealership. I told him I didn't know what the problem was. Then, the car shudders and slows and I'm like, oh no! The oil light came on and I'm like I busted the oil line 🙄 I hit my hazards, go through the next green light, and roll my way into Chick-Fil-A's parking lot. I turn off the car and call Elijah and explain to him that we are going to be gone a lot longer than we thought. He tells me he is worried about me. I explained to him again that I am fine, safe, and reminded him that I handle emergencies well. I will fall apart later 😉 Anyway, you can see the oil under the car. I am sure there is not a drop left in the car. God is definitely watching out for me, if could have been a lot worse, Matt could have been behind me, getting all the oil that was blowing out, I could have been in an accident on the interstate, if either of the lights would have turned red I would have been stranded on the road. Instead I was stranded at a place with food and a bathroom, and it is a lot cooler than it has been, with a slight breeze. God is good, ALL the time. We've been here an hour and half and it's another half hour before the tow truck is coming. I also have a book and Matt got here a while after me. #blessed #thankful (it actually took 4 hours for the tow truck to come and get us to the dealership). We were at the dealership for about 10 minutes before heading home. We told the dealership we would pay for the damages and we are having them fix it. We will get our money back, minus the amount it costs to fix it.

Saturday Matt and I went back out to test drive two more vehicles. Now that I had been in an SUV for a bit I had decided that is what I would keep. If I was going to get another van I would just take my red one back from Kayla! After test driving the two that we had wanted to try, I decided to get the Hyundai Sante Fe Sport Turbo, it's a 2017 and it's blue (looks different colors in different lights). I am glad to almost be done with the car issues, it has been really stressful having to deal with it for so long, on top of everything else that's been going on. Matt and I will go back to Gastonia either Wednesday or Thursday to finalize the first Hyundai back into their care (should be finished by then), and then it will all be done!!!










So, not really new car, but new to me, which is the same thing! 😀 I absolutely love it and am excited to be enjoying a new blessing. What is something that has gotten you excited lately? I would love to hear about it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.