"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, September 25, 2021

Share Four Somethings-September 2021

Happy Fall!! Is anyone else having a hard time believing it is almost October? I feel like this month has flown by, even though we haven't done a ton of stuff (mostly school and work)! Welcome back to the monthly post of Share Four Somethings. It is a monthly link-up hosted by Heather Gerwing (thank you Heather!) where you literally share four somethings on the fourth Saturday of the month. The categories are Something Loved, Something Read (or Said), Something Treasured, and Something Ahead.

Something Loved

There are several things that I have loved this month. I am doing the #75hardchallenge and I have loved getting back into the routine of exercising. I have also loved listening to audio books, they make walking and chores so much more entertaining!!! I also got a new to me car and I am loving driving it and I like the color. I have also enjoyed getting back into our routines.

 Something Read or Said

I have had a great month of reading finishing 20 books between last month's post and this one. I am going to share my 5 star reads from the month, but please feel free to check out all my reads on my book blog including the reviews. 



Something Treasured

I love the young man that my son is turning into. He has always been sweet and kind, but at 16 he is such a gentleman. I dropped him off at work the other day (he works at Chick-fil-A) and he was walking in and one of the ladies who worked there started walking in with him. He sped up a little to hold open the door for her. He started to go in and noticed another co-worker so he walked back out and held the door for her. That makes this mama's heart melt! I hope and pray he continues to stay this considerate of others.

Something Ahead

Coming up in October is my sweet daughter's 19th birthday and we get to travel to Ohio to see her for her fall break. It will have been about 8ish weeks since we dropped her off. I can't wait to see her and hug her neck 😃!!!!

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

You can join the link-up here.

 Share Four Somethings

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you did a good job raising a young gentleman! Congrats on the new car as well!

    Visiting from Share Four Something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kym, God has blessed me with two sweet kiddos! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. As someone whose eldest moved out this week,I feel your excitement at seeing uyour daughter after so long. I'm trying tnot to call (or text all the time! HA!) #Sharefoursomethings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lydia, the struggle is real! Last year I was trying not to reach out much, but she gets homesick so she ended the year with almost daily calls! This year I keep reminder her to be present, and we talk a couple of times a week and text every few days :) I am just happy she wants to talk!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I appreciate you stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I'm not a fan of running so I've paired it with something I do like - listening to writing podcasts. It makes the time go faster and I usually learn something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that! I don't think I could ever be a runner, at least not for long periods of time, but listening to something great would be good motivation.

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.