"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Summer Blessings 2015

Wow! I can't believe we are already into August. This summer flew by so incredibly fast. The kids and I spent 8 glorious weeks in the states, Matt joined us there for our last two weeks.
Ya'll we were loved on, encouraged, blessed by words and deeds, and really enjoyed most every minute, thanks to our time with you! It was a wonderful break from Greece and the length of our visit made it easier to come back, because our cups were filled up! If you took time to see us and spend time with us this summer, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you!!!!
I am not going to recap our entire summer, the post would be way to long, but I am going to mention a few of our highlights.
In June I was able to go to the HEAV Homeschool convention in Virginia. This was the FIRST time I have ever been able to go to a Homeschool convention and I was super excited about it. Every other time I had planned to go to one something always came up.  I had to travel a few hours to get there, but it was well worth it. I got to hear such speakers as Marla Cilley, Tami Fox, Kirk Martin, Andrew Pudewa and Rick Boyer just to name a few! The wisdom that these ladies and gentlemen shared were invaluable. I came away uplifted, excited and ready for a new homeschooling year. One of the amazing things is that most of the principles I learned were not just for homeschooling, they could also be used for parenting! Who doesn't need more parenting tools?! I know I do! It added to my excitement that one of my best friends joined me, even though she does not homeschool! I really enjoyed the time I had with her, it was great having an eating buddy and someone to hang out with in the evenings.
After the convention we spent a few weeks in Tennessee visiting with family. My older sister and her boyfriend and her two kids traveled down to see us. The only bummer was that my mom wasn't able to get off of work, so we didn't get to see her this time.
I also got to hear Beth Moore speak in person in Greenville, SC. If you have never heard her speak, you MUST. She is amazing in her Bible Study Videos and she is AMAZING in person. She really connects with the people in her audience and her energy is magnetic. I learned so much in the the short amount of time I spent at her convention. I was also blessed to have a wonderful friend on this trip too!!! God is good.
While Matt was home we traveled to Virginia, to spend some time with 2 families that became like family while we were in Singapore. His grandmother passed away during this time, so we were not able to spend all the days we had planned in VA, but we got to spend time with our friends, and we are thankful for that time. My kiddos are already asking when we are ALL going to get together again.
The day before I left the states I got to have lunch with another friend who I had met in Singapore. She was in Concord (she lives in TX) for a writer's convention. I really enjoyed our quick lunch, it was great seeing her and catching up.
This summer passed way too quickly and before I knew it it was time to pack up for our trip back to Greece. There were a lot of things on my to-do list that we didn't get to do, but we'll have stuff to look forward to next time.
We were so blessed by this summer. Here are some pictures from our adventures:


































































"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the Heavenly lights,
who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.