"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Change is on the Horizon

The kids and I are home for the summer. We are super happy to be in the states. I have mentioned multiple times how Greece has not been good for our family. I am constantly asked why, followed by "but it's such a beautiful country."
So, let me start by saying, Greece is a beautiful country. There is a lot to do and the beaches are gorgeous. We have made some friends. Our problems are a thousand little things, that add up to it just not being great for our family. If we had gone there at a different time, our experience might have been different.
Matt and I made the decision in January to leave Greece early. This was not an easy decision, nor was it made lightly. We are not quitters, and typically when we commit to doing something we are all in. However, for the sake of our family, this was the best decision we could make. He essentially gave a year's notice. At this point we are leaving Greece January 25, 2016. Unless something else comes up before then. (which we can hope for :))
We do not know where we are going to end up. We might end up in Charlotte. We might end up somewhere else. When we come back from overseas the jobs domestically post 90 days out. So, he will start looking for jobs in October, to line up with our leave date of January 2016. We are praying for wisdom and God's direction. I wish I had more answers, but I am okay that I don't. I know who holds my future and I know we will be right where He wants us to be.
Please join us in prayer for our future, we are in limbo mode and with a child who doesn't handle change well, it is a definite need of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.