"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Share Four Somethings-February 2022

I am a week behind but better late than never! These past few weeks have been insanely busy!

Welcome back to share four somethings, a monthly link-up hosted by Heather Gerwing (thank you Heather!) where you literally share four somethings on the fourth Saturday of the month. The categories are Something Loved, Something Gleaned, Something Braved, and Something Achieved (new topics for a new year!). Even if you do not participate in the link-up, I would love to hear your four somethings from the last month. 

Something Loved

Bear with me as I have so much to share in this little section!! First, my husband has been studying since last summer to get computer certified. He passed his second test this week and is certified!!

My son finished driver's ed in October and has been waiting to finish the driving portion and get into the DMV to take his test to get his learner's permit...he took and PASSED the test on Monday!

My daughter came home last weekend for spring break and brought two friends with her. They all three sang on the worship team at Church on Sunday. My daughter and one of her friends did a duet as a special song, it was beautiful. 

The file was too big to upload here but if you'd like to see it you can go to this YouTube link.

We had a great week with my daughter's friends. They left this morning and we were sad to see them go! We have one more week with my daughter 😀 before she has to go back.

 Something Gleaned

Last month I was reading Little Pieces of Hope by Todd Doughty and this quote stuck out to me:

"Life isn't long enough to do all you could accomplish. And what a privilege even to be alive. In spite of all the pollutions and horrors, how beautiful this world is. Supposing you only saw the stars once every year. Think what you would think. The wonder of it!"-Tasha Tudor

 Something Braved

I am an introvert, I am happiest when I am at home with my family. However, I stepped outside of my introverted box and have started a book club in my neighborhood! With strangers! While it might not sound like a big deal, it took a lot of courage to put myself out there and get this started. We had our first meeting Thursday night, it was a planning meeting. While it did not go how I had planned, and not as many people who said they were coming, were able to come, it's a start. One person said to me, "I am not a reader, but when I saw what you were trying to do, I wanted to support you. I appreciate you opening the Little Library and I appreciate you doing this (book club). We need more people like you in our neighborhood." It really touched my heart. I am not doing anything special. I wanted to start the library as a way to give back to my neighborhood and community. I started the book club because I love to read and I need more connections with people, in person!

Something Achieved

I opened my Free Little Library last weekend!!! It has been in progress since the beginning of December, so I really felt like I achieved something by getting it done! Feel free to check out the Facebook page for the library 😁


So, what about you? What is something that you have loved in this month? Something you have gleaned? Something achieved and something brave? I would love to hear from you!

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

You can join the link-up here.


20 comments:

  1. Cindy had to pop over to your part of the world after you kindly commented on my post. I'm sure glad I did. What a wonderful month you have had! Your something loved, was truly a blessing to me, and your daughter's duet lovely.
    The quote from Tasha Tudor was worth the price of admission. Beautiful and thought provoking.
    And your something braved-WOW. A fellow introvert, I'm not sure I could have pulled that off...with strangers! Thank you for your inspiration of stepping outside your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Donna. I appreciate it. I love seeing my daughter use the gifts God has given her for His glory, so thankful.

      Delete
  2. You have really had an eventful month! Most February recaps that I've read have dealt with the doldrums of the month but not yours ;). Very impressive- from starting a book club to opening a Little Library, you have been industrious. How wonderful to see you daughter for spring break. My college kids' spring breaks are in a few weeks. I won't see my son as he's going on a trip with friends but I will see my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, this stage of life is certainly interesting, having young adults instead of young kids! I am cherishing the moments because we don't know how long they will last! I am sorry you won't be able to see your son, but I hope you enjoy your time with your daughter :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations starting the book club and the free little library. Both such good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jillian, I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Your Little Free Library is so cute! Congrats on starting a book club. I hosted my group's one this past week and enjoyed getting to know the women better (I'm newish to the area and joined to meet people). Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan, I have lived in my neighborhood for five years and have only met a few neighbors that live near me, and they don't exactly want to hang out and chat. I am hoping the book club will help me make more connections in the neighborhood.

      Delete
  5. Kudos! to your accomplishments.

    https://www.alyinwanderland.com/2022/02/cute-grunge.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy, hi! I absolutely love your little free library! Wish I lived closer so I could take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, you can check online, there might be some near you :)

      Delete
  7. Wow - way to go starting a book club. Not sure I could pull that off - even among friends! I have plenty of ideas for "clubs" or other social gatherings but just am not "brave enough" to make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I am tired of being lonely and having no friends nearby. I wanted to be a part of a book club and there are none near me that I could find, so I took matters into my own hands, LOL! I am an extreme introvert so the Lord has moved me WAY beyond my comfort zone with this one!

      Delete
  8. How exciting about your little library AND a book club?! Wonderful achievements - good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your free little library and that you have started a book club. Both sound like amazing ways to build community and bring people together. I'm glad one of your neighbours recognised that and took the time to encourage you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little library is darling! I love it and want it!!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather, thanks for hosting each month :)

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.