"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, April 24, 2021

Share Four Somethings April 2021

It is hard to believe that April is almost over and summer is just around the corner! I have recently been doing updates on this blog and would say that it is still currently under construction as I evaluate and change things. I am excited to be able to be back on the blog on a semi-normal basis and looking forward to more time in the future.

This is the first time that I will be doing the monthly link-up of "Share Four Somethings" and I am excited to be joining this month. My friend Andrea told me about her friend Heather and the link-up.

Something Loved

While there are SOOO many things that I love, I have to say that the thing I have loved most this month is seeing the personal growth of my son. He turned 16 this month and is showing such a loving-caring spirit! He is also growing in his independence. He had the ACT for the first time last Saturday (new experience #1) and when his dad drove him to the school (we are homeschooled, so new experience #2), he told his dad he was fine to go into the school BY HIMSELF, get himself registered and where he needed to be (new experience #3). For a kid who struggles with HIGH anxiety and depression, this was a HUGE breakthrough and I am SO proud of him!!! He also struggles with anything that is new or changed! I also touched on his caring experience...so here is the example. I have not felt great this week, and I was sitting on the floor feeding our puppy. When I went to get off the floor to get up, he reached out his hand to support me 💗 Ah, my sweet, tender-hearted boy!

Something Read (or Said)

Courageous Joy: Celebrating God's Goodness in Every Season I am an AVID reader, a serious book addict and I am ALWAYS reading something or several somethings 📚 So, I will pick a few of my favorite reads from the last month to share here:

   Courageous Joy would get 10 stars if there were that many!! I absolutely loved this Bible study and recommend it without any reservations. It is excellent for personal growth and study! You can read my full review here if interested.

Hope Between the Pages by Pepper Basham is the best book I have read this year! If you love all things literary, then this is the book for you! You can read the full review here.

All That Really Matters by Nicole Deese also gets high praise. The story line is incredible. From character development to the dialogue, it all flows effortlessly. There were some surprises, lots of humor, tender moments, and some moments that gave me goosebumps. You can check out the full review here

While I could go on I will end with Three Missing Days by Colleen Coble. Three Missing Days caught my attention from the first line "I know what you did." What follows is a complicated web of deceit that started many years ago and it is hard to know who to trust and who is involved. Full review here.

Something Treasured

I am enjoying (treasuring) my newest Bible Study, Courageous Simplicity.


The family time we had in Ohio visiting my daughter for Easter. My husband's parents and sister went as well, and we had a great time relaxing, laughing, and catching up. It was an epic surprise to my daughter and her face was PRICELESS. If you would like to read more about that visit or see pictures, you can go here.

Something Ahead 

For the first time in over a year we actually have solid plans to do stuff!!! Praise the Lord. We are looking forward to so many things, but I will  focus on just the next month. TODAY my daughter comes home (to NC) after completing her first year of college in Ohio!!!! I am SO thankful for God's hand on her over the last year; she has been completely healthy and worked hard!! 😁
We will finish our 10th year of homeschooling, as my son completes 10th grade most likely next week😀
May 15th is our 22nd wedding anniversary!! We have made plans to take a long weekend with our family (and puppy (prayers appreciated!!😂)) and go to the beach to celebrate. This is the first time in 4ish years we have been able to celebrate!! 
I am thankful and grateful for the things that I have shared here and so much more! I love the way this post has had me reflect over the last month. What about you? What is something you have loved, read (or said), treasured? And what is something ahead that you are looking forward to? I would love to hear your Four Somethings!

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

12 comments:

  1. What joy to see our kids grow into beautiful adults! God is so good ...

    Happy happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! And, yes, all the time God is good. Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Any friend of Andrea's is a friend of mine.

    Welcome to Heather's Link Up. Heather is so diligent and encouraging...

    I will be browsing your many book reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea is awesome. We met when we both lived in Singapore :) Thank you for welcoming me, sorry to just be responding, I did not realize my comment moderation was on! I now have a book blog where I post quite frequently, I am also hosting a giveaway that runs until tomorrow. Here is the link if you want to check it out: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  3. I have added your recommendations to my to-read list.

    I am celebrating the victories of your children with you! Their milestones to becoming an adult are so very important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving reading the April four somethings - I will have to check out the Courageous Joy Bible study. In fact this month seems to be one of courageous joy - I am just beginning to THINK about making plans for a family visit, possibly in September. Enjoy your beach visit in May! Visiting from limitless-horizon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bible Study was so awesome that I ended up purchasing the one before it and doing it as well :) I am a serious book nerd. Actually, they are also just launching the third in the series and looking for book launch members, if that is something you might be interested in? You could look them up on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to join :)

      Delete
  5. We have several things in common - two kids, live in NC, and are avid readers. Welcome to the blog link-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What part of NC are you in? We are in Monroe. What are your favorite genres? Thank you for the warm welcome!

      Delete
  6. So glad to have you at Share Four Somethings!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.