"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, April 17, 2021

Obsolete

 When I first started this blog back in November 2011 I was so excited about it. (You can take a sneak peek back at my first post here.) I set it up as a more streamlined way for people to keep up with what was going on with us, so I wouldn't have to email so many people the same thing! We were traveling a lot and there always seemed to be something to say. I was thinking about that last night and wondered why at times I struggle with what to write. I came up with several reasons.

First, I started posting to Facebook and later Instagram things that were going on with us. To then put it in a blog post seemed redundant. 

Second, I thought my blog was getting de-activated, but there was a change that I did not understand and so I stopped writing, thinking my posts were no longer there.

Third, once I started actively keeping up with the blog again we went through several upheavals, changes, and then got a puppy...all of that took/takes time and so I don't have time to sit and write a post very often...which makes me sad because I have a lot of ideas that I hope to eventually get to write out. But, what typically happens is by the time I get around to writing them I have forgotten where I am going with them.

One of the main reasons I love this blog is it gives me a place to process my thoughts and feelings about different things. When I have the time I enjoy it and when I don't I miss it.

When I first started this blog I had a lot of engagement/comments/and friends who were also keeping up with blogs. Now, I have a little engagement (lost momentum when I didn't post for a few years, LOL), occasional comments, and most of my friends have stopped keeping up with their blogs as well. I had to wonder what has kind of made the blogs obsolete. I know part of my problem is that I took so long off from writing, and possibly, what I am writing right now is not interesting to that many people. I am okay with that. I think most people want the quick snapshots that places like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter can give them, without having to read long blog posts. (I know I am old, I did not mention Tik-Tok or any other thing that young people use, LOL).

As the years have gone by I have given the blog a face-lift or two, and feel that it is time to do it again. I am hoping to revamp my blog without losing too much of my content. I am a little scared to change anything though, as I no longer remember all the features of the blog 😜 Which is what happens when you go so long without doing anything with it. 

Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Do you feel like blogs are becoming more obsolete? Do you have blogs you regularly follow or do you prefer more interaction on other social media platforms?

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your blog posts. Interesting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement! I really appreciate it.

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.