"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, January 22, 2021

Fabulous Friday 1/22/21

 Well, it has been a crazy, busy, sick week for me. I am sad that I have not had an opportunity to blog this week, but I refuse to let today get away without saying what I am thankful for. Before that, I just want to do a quick update of where we are and what is going on. Obviously, if you have seen my posts on Instagram or Facebook you know we have gotten a new puppy. We are adjusting to him, but he has now moved into the "testing" phase, especially with Elijah 😞 He senses the weaker link (insert eye roll here). Overall, he is doing pretty good. (I wish you could hear his yawn (Junior), it sounds like a cat and is hilarious)! He is consistently letting us know when he needs to go out, he is doing well with me with sit (testing Elijah), he is working on leave it, and learning his name. I feel like there is so much to teach him and not enough time! However, I am super thankful that I stumbled across Zac George's teaching/training videos! They have been very enlightening. I could literally sit and watch them all day!

Matt has been working from home since we both got sick. He has been feeling great since Monday, but his work is making him quarantine for 10 days from that day, to ensure that he is not sick and doesn't have Covid (his test was negative). He goes back to work on January 29th. I think he is ready as it has been hard for him having the distractions of a new puppy, us trying to do school, and he could only work in the living room because his work computer had to be plugged straight into the router. But, he is a trouper and has handled it really well.

Kayla was supposed to go back to school 2 weeks ago, but we got the call from Matt's work ON OUR WAY to Ohio that he was quarantined. Long story short she has been quarantining at home with us the last 2 weeks. I think it was a good decision and I think she is emotionally and mentally more prepared to go back to school. Especially after having several internet issues this week 😜 I think it made her first week and a half easier to be at home, eating home cooked meals, having someone else continue to do her laundry, and getting that extra time with us. It also makes the semester just a little shorter. Matt and Elijah will drive her back to Ohio tomorrow, and then they will come back home on Sunday. Pray for them for safe travels, and pray for Kayla as she tries to get back on the school routine.

Elijah is doing good, despite all the choas. We both thrive on our routines and he was upset that Kayla didn't leave when she was supposed to. (He loves her and loves being with her, but it was another disruption to the schedule. He is sad she is leaving tomorrow and is really going to miss her). We had a plan and it literally got changed at the last minute. So, he has had to adjust to dad working from home, Kayla schooling from home, the new puppy, me and Matt both being sick at the same time (which literally never happens), trying to get back on a school schedule (not working great), having to have his music lessons online since Matt and I were both sick and adjusting to the responsibility of taking care of a puppy. Tonight he broke another bracket on his braces (the second one in 2 months and he's only had braces for about 6 months, LOL). I will have to call the orthodontist first thing Monday morning to get him an appointment. Kayla never had any issues with her braces or brackets, I told him his orthodontist is just going to know him better, lol.

My blood pressure has been out of whack since we traveled to Ohio to get Kayla in November. I was off medication and have had to go back on it. With being sick, my BP is all over the place, so it is hard to know if the new meds are working or not. I have been sick for 13 days, but I finally feel like I have turned the corner today. I am still exhausted, but I feel like I actually had some energy today. I have also been trying to adjust to all the changes and trying to go with the flow, but it has been hard. I would not recommend getting a puppy when you are sick, but I don't regret it. We feel like this is the right one, the right time. We have good moments and frustrating moments, but we are trying to focus on the good. 

So, if you are still reading, thank you, lol. I will now say what is making this Friday/week fabulous:

We do not have Covid

I do no have pneumonia

Matt is better

I am getting better

Kayla and Elijah are healthy

Junior makes us laugh

Junior gives good cuddles

Our Church has online services so we are able to watch from home

We have gotten some school work done this week

I was able to help Kayla pack up her stuff

I got the laundry done

I am finally sitting on the couch

Laughter

Family time

A friend calling to check on me

Chats with friends this week

Grocery pick up

That God's mercies are new every morning

Funny videos

That Kayla gets to go back to school tomorrow, I know that is where she is supposed to be 

Talking to my mom this week

Training videos

Uninterrupted quiet time

Good books to read

Able to give a gift this week (in the mail, not in person)

Matt helping around the house (he always does!)

Matt putting up an outside light in the backyard

Answered prayers

Friends and family who will pray with us and for us

Facebook (helps me stay connected to friends near and far)

That the election is finally over

How is your week going? What are you finding to be thankful and grateful about? I would love to hear from you!



2 comments:

  1. It is good to read about what's been happening in your family.
    I am thankful for ability to have income and available work without having covid-19 at all.
    I can get tested at my worksite each week and each time it has been negative.

    I'm thankful for warmth...

    Heat in my home

    Heat in my car

    Warmth from sunshine as I sit in my car on a little higher temps days

    Most of all...warmth of the Holy Spirit kindle ng the fire in my heart daily as I serve Him willingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not having covid at all is wonderful! So many people have, it truly is a blessing not too. Thanks for sharing the things you are thankful for :)

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.