"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Laughter




I am going to be really honest. I am really struggling today. We have quite a few stressful things up in the air, my insomnia is out of control, I didn't get much sleep last night, or really any other night this week, my blood pressure has been low, making me miserable and I could go on, but you get the point. I am beyond tired today, and feeling very anxious and out of sorts.

Yet, this kid of mine unintentionally gives me a good laugh. 

I told Elijah I was going out to get the mail and that if I didn't come back I drowned in a puddle (it has been POURING here and lots of flooding all over the state), and he said "oh." 

I then said, "Or I ran away and I'm not coming back (again the MOOD!)" and he said, "That one would be sad." I started cracking up. I said, "The first one wouldn't be sad?!" He's like, uh...So funny. I know that is not what he meant, but it was definitely what I needed in the moment. Laughter truly is the best medicine and good for the heart.I am super thankful for this kid without a filter.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine,
    but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."-Proverbs 17:22

What has made you laugh recently?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.