"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Teaching Days

The quote in my planner this week says: "Good teachers are those who know how little they know. Bad teachers are those who think they know more than they don't know." R. Verdi
According to this quote I am a good teacher! I am sure like all teachers out there, whether they are homeschooling, teaching in a private school or public school, that you have days where you feel like you are a good teacher and days when you feel like you are a bad teacher. I even have days where I feel like I am good immediately followed by feeling like I am horrible.
Some days I feel like we are in a rut. Some days I want to run away from home. Some days I wonder why I torture myself by homeschooling my children.
Today started out as one of "those" days. Since I just had one of "those" days yesterday, I really wasn't expecting one again today.
I woke up in a great mood. I was excited that I was feeling well enough to go for a walk/run with Matt and was truly happy for the exercise. We came back and I sat down to eat breakfast and Matt went and started getting ready for work. A few minutes later Elijah came out and was tired and cranky. I showed him a magazine that had come in the mail for him yesterday and it cheered him up...for a few minutes. Then we had nothing he wanted to eat for breakfast...we finally found something for him to eat and all was well...until we got in school.
We had just started our James Bible Study when Elijah said "I hope this verse doesn't have any 'S's' in it!" I'm like "Why?" "Because I hate S's!! They are stupid and when I say them I feel like I sound like so & so and I don't like it!" Really?! Who hates S's!!!
I will spare you all the details, but when the kids are in moods I find ways to torture them. Oh, I totally mean cheer them up. Since they were working so diligently I decided to pull out the camera and take a few pictures of them working. Kayla was working on Art and Elijah was doing his Reading.
Elijah HATES when I pull out the camera, which is all the more reason to pull it out. He hates even more when I take pictures of him with his glasses on, (he hates them, but I think he is super cute in them) which he needs when reading and doing close up work...so I took about a million pictures of them this morning and by the time I finished Elijah was laughing pretty hard. He was avoiding the camera and running from me. Crisis averted. For now.
I truly do enjoy teaching the kids....most days. I think we are in a bit of a rut and need a change of scenery. It's harder to get out when I don't have a car, which is supposed to be ready around the 17th of November. I had Matt come home for lunch and that also helped break up this day.

















And me looking very rough...wearing my glasses because I have a sty on my eyelid and every time I blink it feels like glass is scraping my eye with my contacts in. Fun stuff.
Hope you enjoyed the pictures of the kiddos. They are growing by leaps and bounds, both physically and academically. And, no matter how much Elijah hates "S's" or school, he is learning so much every single day, and for the most part does seem to enjoy it! I am blessed, even in the midst of one of "those" days. I do not take these moments for granted. I am going to blink and they will be grown.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.