"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Monday, January 15, 2024

No Word this year

Well, if you have been following along over the last few years, I pick a "word" of the year. Well, December came and went, and I didn't have time to think/pray over what word I wanted to focus on for 2024. I didn't even find the time to do New Year's resolutions. Which is fine, because God had/has a plan whether I have the time or not 😂. Over and over again I felt Him impressing on me "less pressure." I am the QUEEN of putting pressure on myself over ALL the things, and I feel Him telling me to let it go. So, while I may not necessarily have a word, I do have a focus, less pressure.

My word for 2019 was intentional.

My word for 2020 was hope and you can read about it here.

My word for 2021 was surrender.  You can read more about it here if interested.

My word for 2022 was focus. You can read about it here.

My word for 2023 was thrive. You can read that post here. I was great at the beginning of 2023 with looking for the word "thrive" in my readings, and really trying to be intentional in my walk and life, being fully present. But, the year got harder, busier, and I forgot my word, and lost my focus. I did read all the books and the Bible that I was planning to read, so that part was a win.

So what does less pressure for me look like? 

First of all, a lot of it had to do with my reading blog, taking in advanced reader copies and having deadlines for reviews. I am cutting WAY back on that. I will still read as much as I can, but I will have a lot less pressure because I will not be having a lot of reading deadlines. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE my reading blog and the blogging community, so I am not cutting stuff there, per se (except the pressure I put on my self to post every single day...let it go Cindy 😉).

Continue to prioritize my health. Don't commit to something to please someone, I need to only be doing what I feel like doing. In some ways this feels like an excuse not to do things, but we (me and my docs) have still not gotten my body in balance, and I feel the strain when I am doing too much. I need to only be doing the things that bring me joy, and that I am able to do without straining my body more. 

Plan for vacations so that we actually get vacations! This year is mine and Matt's 25th wedding anniversary (in May) and we still haven't decided if we are going to try and get away. We have SO much going on, it has been impossible to predict. But, we do need to try to get some fun things on the calendar.

Continue to walk with Christ, looking for His will and His plans for my life. I need Him more than ever and want to be sure I am going to Him first, not as a last resort.

Did you pick a word for this year? If so, I would love to hear about it. If not, might this be a less pressure year for you as well? If so, what might that look like for you?

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.