"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, January 19, 2024

Five things right now

I am going to do a quick update about where life is right now:

1. Changing-it seems like every since we moved to Ohio (and no regrets there!),
change seems to be our word. Jobs keep changing, schedules keep changing, and we can't seem to get into any routines. This is not going to change anytime soon, especially with Kayla graduating college in May 😮where does the time go?!

2. Hard-While things have been hard since we moved here (there has been good too), this word is prevalent from the past few months. From Elijah's unexpected surgery, long recovery, medical diagnosis with several loved ones, my health issues, my car drama/saga, changing schedules (for those of us who crave routine), an unexpected significant price jump on our monthly house payment, a crack in the foundation in the basement (and I could go on), things have been hard.

3. Stressful-for many of the things listed above, but good stress as well. The sewing business is growing and we have added 9 new students since the beginning of the year (praise God!), but that also means between my two jobs, I am now working 6 days a week. Not full days, but there was already so much trying to get the business off the ground, and I was having to keep up with emails etc. 7 days a week, but it's just a lot. In order for me to go down to one job, which I would love, I need more sewing students, especially with the jump in the house payment.

4. Busy-This also goes along with the ones above. It is hard working 6 days a week, meal planning, grocery shopping (I do store pick-up which helps), cooking dinner, doing laundry, keeping up with everyone's schedules, trying to keep a workout routine, and spend quality time with the family. I am definitely trying to keep a healthy balance, and take Sabbath rests (I love Sundays!). I think when (gonna think positive here) I get down to just one job, I am going to try to have two full days of no work, to get more rest. 

5. Blessed-Despite it all, we are blessed. God is in control, He keeps me going when I need to go, and He helps me to rest when I need to rest. He provides for our needs, and I could not be more thankful. We are in a valley but I am looking for that mountain top. I know this is just a season and it will pass.

What's going on in your life right now?

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.