"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

90 Day Bible Reading Challenge

I love reading nonfiction books. I don't read as many nonfiction books as I do fiction books, but I am always in a fiction and nonfiction book. I usually read my nonfiction books during my morning Bible Study time, after reading my Bible. Last year I read 38 nonfiction books, which I think might have been less than the year before. I am always looking for new (to me) nonfiction books to add to my to be read shelf. 

Toward the end of last year I came across Mary DeMuth's 90 Day Bible Reading Challenge. I had no idea what it was about but I added it to my TBR (to be read shelf on Goodreads). Next I checked my library to see if they had a copy of it, and they did 😁! (Side note, have I mentioned how awesome the library system is here?! They almost always have a copy of the books I want to read (as long as they are not independently published authors)). I immediately put a hold on it and it came in last week. After I started reading the introduction and flipping through the book, I decided I needed a copy if I was going to do the challenge. So, I ordered a copy and it should be here by the 24th. 

   

The first two pages of the challenge to give you an idea of what it looks like.

I am hoping to start the challenge at the beginning of February. I hope that it will give me enough time to finish the nonfiction books I am currently reading so I can give the 90 Day challenge a fair shot. I figure there is no way I can fail, as long as I am reading God's Word, I am winning. The goal will be to finish the challenge in 90 days, but if you saw my "less pressure" post, you will know that I am also not going to stress about this. I am feeling the tug on my heart to really dig deeper into God's Word this year. I truly do want more of Him and less of me. I know that this will not be a waste of my time or energy. The Word of God will not return void (Isaiah 55:11 KJV). I also don't think it is a coincidence that I will be doing this challenge going into the Lenten season and Easter. Are you feeling like you need more of God's Word in your life? Would you like to read this book and do the challenge with me? I would love to encourage you (and have encouragement myself) to keep going and to persevere through it!

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.