"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Monday, July 3, 2023

Share Four Somethings-June 2023

This post is late. You all, June picked me up, spit me out, and kept me so busy I didn't know if I was coming or going! I can't comprehend that it is already July, the year is half over, and so is the summer! Anyway, I am happy to be able to look back over the month and link up with Jennifer to share my Four Somethings. I will be sharing things I've loved, learned, read, and ate!

 Something Loved

There are SO many things that happened in June. So, a quick synopsis of the month for the things I loved: exploring a new walking spot with my husband, celebrating his birthday, teaching a Bible Study, starting a new book club, starting a new business (read that story here!), having my sister, her husband and my niece visit us this past week, being tourists in Amish country (I had my first buggy ride!!), going to Lake Erie, and just spending time with them.

Something Learned 

So much. I have learned what I needed to file for paperwork to start a new business. I have also learned you can't use licensed fabric in an item you plan to sell. I also made a very costly mistake that I have learned from and don't plan to repeat (we also won't talk about it 🙄). I am still learning SO much about how to run a business - prayers appreciated!

 Something Read

June was a super busy month so I didn't read quite as much as I have been reading (sadly!). However, I did have two 5-star reads, which I will link to my reviews, in case you want more information. I LOVE Emma St. Clair's writing, she is a phenomenal romcom writer-and super clean! I have read all her newer stuff and gush about it frequently. I haven't read as much by Chautona Havig, but her book, Twice Sold Tales, is also gush worthy!

Something I Ate

I only have one picture of the food I ate this month. It's the best picture because it makes it look like I ate healthy (FYI, I didn't and my weight reflects it). It was a month of emotional/comfort food eats, plus more eating out with having family here. I ate some fabulous burgers when we were exploring Berlin and Millersburg (Amish country), I also had some donuts, cookies, and a slice of cherry pie this month. I plan to do MUCH better in July-prayers appreciate for self-control.

To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
 
What is something you have loved, learned, read, or ate this month?? To see what other bloggers are sharing this month head over to Jennifer's blog.

10 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get to the Amish area of Ohio! I haven't been there in several years, but it's always fun to look around in the shops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I have always been fascinated with the Amish way of life. It was so neat to spend two days learning more about them.

      Delete
  2. I've read a couple books by Chautona Havig and really enjoyed them. I need to check this one out. Hope all goes well with your new business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, I like Chautona's books, this one is my favorite of hers that I have read.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your new business! And it sounds like the nanny job might come in from time-to-time as a supplement. Sounds like a great visit with family! I hope your July is amazing, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - so much going on in your life! Amazing how much you miss when you did a bit of blogging break!!:) Congratulations on your business - what fun! And you even led a Bible study. Here's to another month of fun happenings...and hopefully I will get caught up a bit. I did read about the post about your new business but definitelyi need to read some more!! Happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, and yay, welcome back!! How are you feeling? I have been thinking about you.

      Delete
  5. i love your cool little 4 Somethings logo, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.