"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, April 1, 2023

Favorite picture of March 2023

I first saw this idea on Jennifer's blog and thought it was a great idea. The idea is to pick one photo from the month, a photo to highlight the month. Jennifer is using the photo to recap the month and at the end of the year see a recap of the year.

It is really hard to believe that today is the first day of April. The first few months have flown by. Usually, March is the longest month for us. There are no holidays (that you get off of work for!), no spring break, or anything. However, it still flew by, it didn't feel long at all.

I am enjoying looking back over my month and deciding what picture is my favorite. When I start writing this post I never know exactly which picture I will use, but have an idea of what it might be. Once I look over the pictures I have taken in that month, then I decide. This is a weird season for us because I am not taking a lot of pictures because we are not doing much, other than working and school (Kayla). There are things we want to do but haven't been able to do them yet. Anyway, here is my favorite picture for the month of March:

Well, this is not the picture I thought I was going to be using πŸ˜‚. Looking back over the month I realized how MUCH we had done this month (no wonder it flew by!), and this is my favorite picture for the month.

Why?
It represents so many things. First, this is Elijah's grandpa on his dad's side. Second, his grandpa has always worn glasses, until he had cataract surgery and doesn't need glasses anymore, except for reading. This has been SO hard for Elijah to adjust too, especially as a kid that does not handle change well. Third, Elijah is still growing and I wanted to capture how close he is to his grandpa in height. Fourth, we won't talk about how many pictures I had to take to get a "decent" picture of the two of them πŸ˜‚. Some had to be deleted πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Fifth, his grandpa decided to put on these glasses to make Elijah more comfortable with the pictures. He has multiple pairs laying around, mostly sunglasses because ever since he's had surgery, the inside lights bother his eyes. These are his reading glasses. Sixth, Elijah has always been close to his grandpa and I am so incredibly thankful for his influence in our lives. We don't take enough pictures when we get together with family. Finally, it is one of Elijah's last pictures with his braces. I blogged about that here.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

Just a few of the castoffs:

2 comments:

  1. i love this idea about choosing a photo each month and at the end of the year having a whole album. brilliant ... AND doable, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I thought so too! A fun and unique idea. You take a lot of pictures, I imagine the hardest part for you will be deciding which picture to use.

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.