"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, April 30, 2023

Share Four Somethings April 2023

Where did April go? I am, once again, not sure what we did this month. It was just a blur of busyness that has left us pretty exhausted. I do enjoy looking back over the month and linking up with Jennifer to share my Four Somethings. I will be sharing things I've loved, learned, read, and ate!

 Something Loved

There are several things I loved this month. The first, was celebrating my "baby" turning 18. The second was having my daughter home for Easter AND celebrating Easter. Because Elijah's birthday was on Good Friday, Kayla was here for his birthday and Easter. We also saw Kayla's boyfriend that weekend, so lots of fun packed into the weekend. I mention this often, but it's still new, so I will keep saying it: I love being close enough to meet up with Kayla. I went and met her for brunch early in the month, Matt and I met her for lunch in the middle of the month, and last night she had her final choir concert of the year, and Elijah and I were able to go (Matt wasn't feeling well).

Something Learned 

Just this week I planted some herbs, peppers, and cucumbers in pots. This month I am learning the fine art of gardening, LOL! We will see how it goes, what grows, what doesn't. It is something my husband and I have wanted to do for years. When I had a few days off work this week, and one day was SUNNY, I knew I had to take advantage of the sun, and get some stuff planted.

Something Read

Since I am doing this post on the last day of the month, it is easy to look back over the last month and see what I have read. I had six 5-star reads in April, which is impressive. The most surprising book I read this month is Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster. It is a classic I had never heard of before (and I am not a huge classics reader). If you have never heard of it/read it, I HIGHLY recommend it, especially if you like Epistolary novels. One thing Jerusha (the main character) said that resonated with me, "What do you think is my favorite book? Just now, I mean; I change every three days." πŸ˜‚ 

You can always see what I am reading on my book blog or my Goodreads page.

Something I Ate

You all, please be proud of me πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I actually remembered to take a few pictures of what I was eating this month πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚! The first picture is homemade Chicken Noodle Soup with zucchini noodles, it is super yummy! The second picture is Spaghetti with homemade meatballs (but it is actually cauliflower noodles with butter and basil, with homemade meat because I didn't have time to roll them into meatballs πŸ˜‚ but the flavor was fantastic!).


Struggles
I enjoy keeping this post positive, but right now I am struggle with several things and would love some prayer. We have had a lot of different things hit us from multiple directions and it is wearing us down. I won't go into details, God knows them, but would you say a prayer for not just me, but my family as well as you close out your reading of this post? Thank you.

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

 
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
 
What is something you have loved, learned, read, or ate this month?? To see what other bloggers are sharing this month head over to Jennifer's blog.

11 comments:

  1. What a blessing to have time with your kids and be able to see them often! Daddy Long-legs isn't a book I'm familiar with either, but I love that quote - it's so me! Praying for you and your family, and believing that God will provide whatever it is you need. Amen. Visiting from SFS today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those meals look really good. So good to have time with family. Prayed for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray that you find the strength to endure what you are struggling with now. May you connect to the ever-present power of divine love that bears us through all suffering.

    In your post, I especially appreciated seeing the yummy low-carb dishes. I'm always looking for more of those ideas. Hope May takes a good turn for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lory, I really appreciate the prayers.

      Delete
  4. So glad your month was filled with family, good food, and at least one sunny day! I wonder if the book Daddy Long Legs is the basis for the old movie (I think Cary Grant was in it)? I really don't remember much about the movie, but it would be fun to read the book and see if it sparked memories.

    Father, I ask You right now in the name of Jesus to be with Cindy and her family. Make their paths smooth. Keep them safe. Guide them with Your wisdom - and bless them real good. So be it, amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerralea, I think so. I need to watch the movie, I really LOVED the book. Thank you so much for your prayers! I am just now seeing that you commented, but I NEEDED the prayer right now. Thank you!!!

      Delete
  5. Gardening brings us such adventure, Cindy! I like the book, Daddy Long Legs. Have you read, Just David by Eleanor H. Porter? It's another hidden gem.

    Lord, I ask for You to surround Cindy and her family with Your hedge of protection. Grant them wisdom, understanding, and insight. Open their eyes to see you in the midst of everything going on right now. Let Your peace guard their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, no, I have not heard of Just David, thank you for the recommendation! I will be looking into it. I didn't see your comment until today, thank you so much for the prayers, I really needed them today.

      Delete
  6. Oh I love that mother daughter snapshot where you're smiling at each other. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, love my bond with my girl! She is precious.

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.