"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Share Four Somethings March 2023

I can't believe we are at the end of March! I don't even know what we did this month 🤦‍♀️ Hopefully, I can look back at the calendar and pictures to jog my memory 😂
I enjoy looking back over the month and  will be linking up with Jennifer to share my Four Somethings. I will be sharing things I've loved, learned, read, and ate!

Something Loved

I loved having a date morning with my husband this month! We went to meet an author and had a great morning. I am also loving participating in the 40/40 challenge. It is walking 40 miles in 40 days leading up to Easter (a mile a day). From their website: "Forty Forty is an opportunity to bring your devotional to LIFE. This happens by completing a 1-mile walk or run each day focusing on the Lord by yourself or with others and completing scripture readings. For those of you wanting to push yourself even more, we have optional daily challenges to grow your faith and become more like Christ." While I am not where I should be (the walking portion), I am working at it and plan to complete it. It is REALLY weird, but EVERY time I start any type of workout routine I get sick. Without fail. I totally think the devil is messing with me. Or, I am allergic to exercise 😂

Something Learned 

I am still learning more about crochet. I have started a bunny lovey and I am having so much fun with it! It's not something I ever thought I would be able to do! I also made a purse, which I think is super cute! I am learning crochet by watching YouTube videos. I absolutely LOVE Sarah Jane (Bella Coco on YouTube), I started learning stitches from her, and I love her accent, I could listen to it all day 😂 For the purse I liked the this pattern from Darlene Michaud. Now, the only thing I don't like about the purse is that it is starting to stretch a bit from the weight of the contents of my purse 😂 and I am not sure what to do about it.

Something Read

I have only had two 5-star books since last month (sadly). I reread Royally Rearranged by Emma St. Clair so I would be ready for Royal Gone Rogue. If you enjoy Romcoms, I highly recommend these books! I love Emma St. Clair's writing. You can always see what I am reading on my book blog or my Goodreads page.

Something I Ate

Monday, Elijah had two orthodontist appointments (to get his braces off! read that story here), one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Since we were heading back to OH after the appointments (in NC), I decided to eat at TGI Fridays. It was a rough/looooong lunch, with our waitress getting our orders wrong. But, when I FINALLY got my burger (on lettuce with avocado) it was sooooo good. I wish I had taken a picture of it, but I forget this section exists from month to month.

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20
 
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
 
To see what other bloggers are sharing this month head over to Jennifer's blog.

12 comments:

  1. How fun that you were able to meet Allison Pearl and she knew who you were. I'm sure your son is glad his brace journey is finished. Now to be faithful with his retainer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, we are ALL glad he got his braces off...no more monthly trips back to NC! He will be faithful with his retainers, he does NOT want to undo all that work!!!

      Delete
  2. I love your 4 Somethings logo, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for your son getting his braces off! I have the same problem whenever I start any kind of exercise program - something comes up that makes it especially hard to stick with it. I do like the forty in forty idea though. Have a blessed weekend! Visiting from SFS#12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kym, yes, so thankful the braces are off!! I love walking so the 40/40 was literally right up my alley, I did it one day then got a nasty stomach bug and then started over when I was better. I do get sick every time I start working out again, it's weird, but something is better than nothing!

      Delete
  4. I admire how often you write...I would like to be more like you! The ability to link back to things you've already taken the time to jot down.

    Writing to remember and to reflect. And for my kids, one day, should they ever want the words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah....I didn't mean to be anonymous.

      I'm Robin Lee...visiting from the Share Four Somethings link up.

      Delete
    2. Robin, that's funny because I think I don't write often enough!! So, I REALLY appreciate you saying that!! And, thank you for not staying anonymous :)

      Delete
  5. You made such a nice crochet bag and doing all of that walking is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for saying good-bye to braces!! I still remember that day for myself (several lifetimes ago!!)! Your crochet work is impressive...and super cute! What a fun way to use your hands (so much better than scrolling. Just sayin.)!

    ReplyDelete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.