"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

The one where I meet an author

On Saturday, Matt and I had an opportunity to go to the Spring Vendor Event in Strongsville, Ohio, and we took it! Why? Because I knew author Allison Pearl was going to be there. I wanted to meet her and buy her books. I was not disappointed! 

Allison writes clean suspense books that happen to have a donut theme (yum!). I have read and enjoyed her first two books, and plan to read the other two that are out as well. When I got to her table yesterday, it was set up with donuts on one side and her books on the other. I will admit to not realizing (at first) that the donuts went along with the books because I was SO focused on the books πŸ˜‚


The first thing I said is, "I want one of everything." I am not sure Allison and her husband knew what to think of me πŸ˜‚. She said, "Well, the bookmarks are free..." Then said, "I'm Cindy Davis." And she said, "Oh," turned to her husband and said, "She's a book blogger on Twitter." Can I just tell you that it was a super cool thing for ME that she knew who I was?!! Then she looked at me and told me I could have all three books for free!! I was like, "No! I came to support you!" She was like, "But you're a book blogger." I couldn't imagine taking them for free. We compromised on a discount, but I got the better end of the deal. I would have liked to have chatted with Allison longer than I did, but my introverted nature kicked in, and then I felt like I was rambling and didn't want to waste her time. My husband was so excited that an author knew who I was πŸ˜‚. When we got home he told our kids I am famous πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Obviously, I am not, but it was funny!

We did take some time to see what other vendors were selling. We walked past a lady who was selling candles. Most of them looked like a yummy treat. I had to stop and look at them, then, if course buy one!!! 

We took advantage of the outing, having coffee together, and running errands. It has been quite a long time since we've been able to go out and do something together. We really enjoyed our date morning. 

  

So this CLE Homemade Boutique is where I bought the candle. You can click here if you are interested and seeing more of her designs (I am not trying to sell them, I get nothing from pointing you there), I just think her work is really creative.

6 comments:

  1. oh that's so cool to meet someone you've known from afar ... what a wonderful event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun afternoon....and she knew who you were! I think that makes you a celebrity:) I have not heard of this author but if her books include donuts - well, I'm intrigued! I will check her out. Hope you are having a good week so far!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! Yeah, her books are fun :) I hope you are doing well!

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.