"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Favorite Picture from January

I saw this idea on Jennifer's blog and thought it was a great idea. The idea is to pick one photo from the month, a photo to highlight the month. Jennifer is using the photo to recap the month and at the end of the year see a recap of the year.

I am not sure if I will do this every month (because I may not remember, and because right now I am not in the mood to commit to anything 😂).

Why did I choose this picture?

First, I want you to notice the way the deer blend into the environment. Even with the snow on the ground they blend.

Second, I have taken more picture of deer than I probably should have 😂 since we moved into this house.

Even in the darkest, most bare seasons, this picture reminds me of God's faithfulness. Look first at how the deer blend in with the trees...they are protected. Look at how they find food to eat, God provides for their needs.

If God does this for DEER what do you think He does for us? He protects us (even when we don't see it), He provides for us (even when we don't recognize it). This picture reminds me of God's faithfulness to all His creatures, great and small, and that is what I want to remember from January.

Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:25-34

6 comments:

  1. That is a lovely photo: I usually only notice the deer when they are actually moving through the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, this is right behind my house, the deer have come all the way up to our window and patio! We notice them a lot :)

      Delete
  2. I really love this! What a great point about protection. I needed this reminder today. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, God gives me this reminder quite a bit, and I am SO thankful!!!

      Delete
  3. I love this monthly highlight idea ... and appreciate the reminder of God's protection in our lives. I'm so grateful for how I see this played out over and over as I hear others' stories. He is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, yes, He is! You post a lot of pictures so this highlight is right up your alley :)

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.