"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, February 5, 2023

I see the devil

While that might be an odd title for a blog post, it's what I am going with anyway. Thursday Matt had to take a road trip with another guy from work. Friday morning, Matt found out the guy tested positive for Covid Thursday night. He was not showing symptoms but had to get tested for a procedure he was suppoed to be having this Monday. Mid-morning Matt's throat starting getting sore and he had a "sniffle," so out of an abundance of caution he came home. He tried to get tested for Covid on the way home but there were no open appointments. He bought an at home test and tested negative. He was feeling alright so he did a few little projects around the house. He also had a cough but not much of a runny nose. Matt slept in the basement Friday night. Saturday he was feeling a little worse and as the day progressed he had very little energy. Elijah and I were keeping our distance, but obviously not good enough. Saturday night Matt tested negative again. He also slept in the basement again. This morning he woke up with 101.7 temp, had body aches, chills/sweets, very low energy, still has the cough and still not much of a runny nose. We could not get him seen in person but he did a virtual visit. The doctor told him he most likely had Covid. I went out and got more Covid tests. He tested positive for Covid and Elijah and I have been exposed. Covid has been around for 3 YEARS and while we have been exposed a few times (that we know of) this is the first time any of us have had it. It is super frustrating on so many levels, but I am thankful and grateful we have not had to deal with it before this. Thankfully, Kayla has not been around us since last Saturday. 

We would appreciate prayers for Matt's healing, prayers that it doesn't linger, and that he does not get worse. We would also appreciate prayers that Elijah and I do not get it, or, if we do, that it is very mild. I am high risk.

So, where do I see the devil?

We are still trying to get settled here and in a routine. This week I would have gotten closer to my "normal" work schedule, working four days. Because of this I will not be working at all. Which, of course means I will not get paid. I couldn't work Friday because we knew Matt had been exposed and the family I am a nanny for has a baby that just turned 8 weeks and a two year old, the last thing they need is exposure to Covid, which means I am losing at least 5 days of work/pay.

We were supposed to go back to a Church this morning, it would have been Matt and Elijah's second visit, my third. It is a Church we think we could call our Church home, but instead of going we stayed home and watched another Church online (the one we were going to go to doesn't do online every week). The devil does not want us to find a church home.

Because I have been exposed I will have to miss my Bible Studies this week. One of them I LOVE and look forward to going to every week and it hits hard that I have to miss it. 

As far as we know Elijah will still be able to work, but will have to wear a mask the whole time. He does not do well with change and it is SUPER hard for him that Matt has been banished to the basement and we can't be around him. It's hard for me too, and with us still not having made very many friends, this just adds to our loneliness. 

This also isolates us. The last thing we need right now, is isolation.

However, there are a few bright spots:

Matt is not as sick as he could be.

So far, Elijah and I are not showing symptoms.

I picked up our groceries Friday morning so we have food to eat.

I picked up some books at the library on Thursday so we have PLENTY of books to read (would have even if I hadn't gone 😂).

We have three levels to this house so it is easier to isolate. 

We still have masks so we can wear them when we need to.

I have a week at home to work on house projects as long as I am feeling well.

For the first time EVER, we have two TVs in our house, so Matt can watch TV (he can't concentrate to read or anything), so at least there is a TV in the basement.

Again, Kayla hasn't been exposed. She was supposed to come visit us this afternoon and once we found out Matt had been exposed we decided it wasn't the best idea. 

Please keep us in your prayers. We appreciate you all.

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20
 
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.