"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, November 5, 2021

Why Me?

We all go through seasons where we ask "why me?" We don't necessarily want to handle the life we've been dealt. We go through seasons where we feel useless, less than, depressed, insignificant, and wonder what on earth are we here for.

I know I have gone through those seasons and as someone who is prone to depression, especially during the winter, the devil will do everything he can to make me feel less than and depressed.

I read something this morning that I didn't know that I needed, but God did. I don't know if you need this either, but I am sharing in the hopes that it will help someone.

Mary's relationship with Jesus gave her life genuine significance.

This principle embedded in Mary's statement (all generations will call me blessed) is true for us as well. When you think of yourself and your prospects for making much of a difference in the world, you may see only a plain, simple person without a lot of skills or promise or distinguishing characteristics. Nothing special. Or you may possibly feel that others should be more impressed than they seem to be with your training and gifts and contacts and potential. 

Either way, only one thing matters, and knowing this should serve as both an encourager and corrective to us. Having a relationship with the God of heaven makes any life extraordinary-and it's all that makes a life extraordinary. Marys' experience of amazement can be yours as well when the Lord is with you and within you. -Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth

God has a plan for each and every one of us. He looks at us and He sees who He created, not the lies the devil throws at us. He doesn't see us as useless, less than, or insignificant. He designed us with a purpose and has a plan for each of our lives. When we take our eyes off of Him and let the devil distract us, THAT is when we feel worthless and less than. But, we are NOT. We have a purpose!! Go and live out that purpose with intentionality, seeking to know and follow the plan that the Lord has laid out for each of us.

2 comments:

  1. I do believe this is the first Christmas post I've read this year, Cindy! And wonder of wonders, it's not too early at all to savor the truth of Jesus' story.

    Thank you for going there today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda, I started reading Christmas books a few weeks ago, LOL! Might as well start with the Christmas posts as we enter the season with anticipation and awe of who our Savior is and why He came!!

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.