"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Thankful Thursday

I am struggling with depression today (and if I am honest yesterday and Monday too), so I decided to try and do a few things to get me out of my funk. I started sorting a new puzzle (sometimes it's the little things!), bought small Christmas gifts for my kiddos, and chatted with a friend (always helpful!). 

Then I decided I wanted to give thanks to God despite my mood!

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. Psalm 100:4

 Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

 Some things that I am thankful for TODAY:

the rain (we need it)

a rain jacket

coffee

a new puzzle

Christmas music (yes, I went there)

laughter- my kiddos have both made me laugh today

a warm house

warm clothes

a reliable vehicle

time alone

books to read

warm water

dinner in the crockpot

my blogs

Praise the LORD, my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name. Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all His benefits — who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion. Psalm 103:1-4

What is something you are thankful for today??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.