"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Share Four Somethings-August 2021

As we near the end of summer, I mourn the freedom that summer allows. However, as we enter into this new season of autumn/school I look forward to the routines and structure of each day. I am thankful for the summer days and all that we were able to do this year. It was nice traveling again, seeing family, and making new memories. What is Share Four Somethings? It is a monthly link-up hosted by Heather Gerwing where you literally share four somethings on the fourth Saturday of the month (although this month I am posting late). The categories are  Something Loved, Something Read (or Said), Something Treasured, and Something Ahead.

Something Loved
 
There are so many things I want to put in this category this month! So I will. I love the friendship that my children share and I have really seen it over the last few days.
I have also discovered a love for audio books.  It's not that I didn't think I could like them, it's just I was rarely in the car by myself to be able to read a book that I would want (as opposed to what the kids would want). Now, I listen to audio books when I am doing laundry, going for a walk, or other mundane tasks where I can be tuned out and listening to a book 😀

Something Read or Said

While I am a few days behind on book reviews I feel like this has been a great reading month for me. I finished 22 books, mostly fiction, and several were audio books. I have several 4 and 5 star ratings for the month, so a bit hard to narrow it down. I think my favorite for the month was Kara Isaac's Then There Was You. I listened to it on audio book and loved it. It had me laughing so much, I loved the main character's quirky personality. It was engaging, witty, original, and you could physically see what the author was saying (which is not my strong suit)! Another audio book I listened to and loved was Karen Witemeyer's A Tailor-made Bride. It was also hilarious and I loved it.

Something Treasured

The summer. All summer I felt like we were not doing much, yet we were so busy! With the dog, with the kids both having jobs, we just constantly seemed to be on the move. Yet, when I pressed pause and really reflected on what we had done this summer, I realized how truly blessed we are. I was able to see all my siblings this summer, at different times, and my mom, which was/is a huge blessing. I had not seen my mom and older sister since last August, and I had not seen my brother and his family for a few years. We also saw our frien-amly (friends that are family) that we hadn't seen since before Covid started. This summer was a gift of time with loved ones. We also managed a trip to the beach, a getaway to the beach with just me and my husband, plus lake days, game nights, and so many little things. While I am still in slight mourning that summer is pretty much over, it was a gift received and not to be taken for granted.  

Something Ahead

There is not really much on the horizon for us. Tomorrow we start our 11th year of homeschooling. My son is in 11th grade and we just dropped my daughter back at college for her second year (prayers appreciated!). This is the second year of only schooling one child and I am the least prepared that I have ever been. However, I think it goes with the season we are in and my son will still learn a lot.

So, what about you? What is something that you have loved in this month? Something you have read or said? Something treasured? Something you are looking forward to? I would love to hear from you! 

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

You can join the link-up here.

 Share Four Somethings

 

2 comments:

  1. I will have to check out the two books you recommended. Sound like fun, cute reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.