"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Monday, August 16, 2021

75 Hard Challenge day 1 update

Today started out rough. I was supposed to get up when the alarm went off at 4:50 am, but I didn't hear it and I guess that Matt didn't realize that I wanted up so he let me sleep. I had not slept well, at all, so I guess that is why I didn't hear the alarm. I woke up at 5:25 am, and went downstairs to get coffee and breakfast. Matt asked me how I slept and I said "rough." He said, "I know." I looked at him and asked him how he knew. He said that I woke him up with my nightmares! I was like, what nightmares? When was that? He said around 4:30 am. I have no idea what I was dreaming about, but apparently it was enough that I was thrashing about and calling out in my sleep! Which is extremely weird for me. 

Anyway, I weighed myself this morning (which I try to do every Monday, but don't always remember) and took the day one picture. I probably should have had on a tank top so that by day 75 I can see the change in my arms from that workouts that I plan to do. But, it was really foggy (so thankful it was not raining!!) and I was worried about mosquitos. My weight has been fluctuating all summer. Since January I have gained about 7 pounds and I would love to lose about 5ish. I know that some of the weight gain is hormonal issues, and another part of it is that I traveled a ton in July and was not very careful with what I was eating. So, this will be good for me, whether I lose weight or not, to get back in my habit of healthier eating and avoiding my allergy triggers.

While I was eating breakfast I read the 10 pages in my leadership book. If you missed the first post on what all I was actually going to attempt to do, you can read it here. The first book that I am choosing to read is The Hospitable leader: Create Environments Where People and Dreams Flourish. It has been on my TBR list for over a year and a half, now is as good as a time as any to finally read it  😀

     

 I thought I would have no trouble drinking a gallon of water. I was WRONG. I am not going to stress about it, Elijah had an orthodontist appointment in Charlotte and then we went on a road trip to Winston-Salem to the McKay's bookstore. We were gone from 9 am until 4:15 pm, there is no way I should have drank a gallon during that time 😂😂 I did drink about 70 ounces, plus my 24 ounces of coffee...still a lot of fluid.

I did get in my two workouts, both walks for today (the first one outside!), and 3ish miles of walking. My watch that tracks steps etc is not completely accurate, but I did at least that much. 

I am trying to think what else is on the list, oh food. I packed food with us so I was sure to only eat stuff that is Paleo, so no cheats today! I survived day 1 and can start day 2 tomorrow without having do to a groundhog day moment and repeating day one! I am hoping it is not raining again in the morning so I can grab the outside time without rain.

If you have done this challenge, what kept you going? How did you motivate yourself? I would love to hear all the tips and tricks.

Life is never boring. On our way to McKay's the GPS decided we needed to go down this road. Obviously the storms we have had lately brought this tree down. The GPS was WRONG, this was not our street at all. I am glad I didn't decide to try and go around the tree!!!

We were headed into the storm on the way home! I am so thankful for the rain, we have needed it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.