"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, June 26, 2021

Share Four Somethings June 2021

 It is hard to believe how fast June is going! I feel like the summer is half over and we have not really enjoyed it! Thankfully Kayla doesn't go back to school until the end of August. I have not decided what day in August me and Elijah will start back up. I am just not in a hurry. 

Something Loved

My husband turned 45 at the beginning of this month and we loved celebrating him. I am blessed to be married to him and hope to celebrate his next 40ish birthdays with him! 

I also love that my kids both started working at Chick-fil-a and they LOVE their jobs. My son is working in the back and my daughter is out front. It suits both their personalities. They come home every day with stories about their day and they enjoy going to work every day. It truly is a blessing and not one I take for granted. 


Something Read (or Said)

I love to read and share about what I am reading. This month I am going to share two books that I rated 5 stars over the last month. Both are new to me authors. Then I will share a non-fiction book I am currently reading.

The first book is An Unlikely Pair by Traci Hunter Abramson. I don't know if you like figure skating, but the cover is what grabbed my attention, and the storyline kept it until the end! Here's part of a line from the book, "She didn't know which dreams would take her into the future anymore..." Lots of good stuff in this one, you can check out my full review and book synopsis here, if you like.

The second is A Lady in Attendance by Rachel Fordham. This one has an unlikely hero-a quiet dentist and an even more unlikely heroine-she is straight from the reformatory (1898)! Here's a quote from this one, "Bury the past and cling to whatever future you have. Some things are best forgotten, left closed." This one has a bit of everything in it and you can check out my review here. 

My current Non-fiction read is called Growing Slow: Lessons on Unhurrying Your Heart from an Accidental
Farm Girl
. It is written by Jennifer Dukes Lee. Not to be funny, but I am taking this book slowly (okay, maybe a little funny 😂), but it is one to be absorbed and not rushed through. A quote that spoke to me "This isn't a book that will move you upward, but one that will move you inward, to the heart of things." If you would like to know more about it, you can read the synopsis here.

Something Treasured

New life! With the way things have been for the last year and a half or so, I am loving the reminder that there is still precious, INNOCENT, sweet new lives being born. My daughter (pictured) and I had the opportunity to go see this new bundle of joy this week. I made dinner for this family, and got to hold this sweet baby and interact with his two sisters as well. They are all young and sweet.
When things seem bleak, hard, and like everyone in the world has lost their minds and only have negative news to share...find the new mamas and just love on them and their babies. They need it and we need the reminder of new life, new hope, and sweet innocence.

Something Ahead

We will be spending Fourth of July weekend in TN with my sister and her family. I am also hoping to see my brother and his family. We really enjoy when we can get away for a little bit and get away from the stresses of our everyday.

I am thankful and grateful for the things that I have shared here and so much more! I love the way this post has had me reflect over the last month. What about you? What is something you
have l
oved, read (or said), treasured? And what is something ahead that you are looking forward to? I would love to hear your Four Somethings!

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

You can join the link-up here.

 #sharefoursomethings

Share Four Somethings

8 comments:

  1. Congrats to the new jobs for your kids - sounds like a busy (not productive summer)...hopefully they can coordinate their shifts! I recently took dinner to a new mom and snuggled their newborn. Precious! It's been so long! It was wonderful -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been a busy and somewhat unproductive summer, LOL! I LOVE babies and so does my daughter, we are always willing to take those precious cuddles!

      Delete
  2. Your books look so interesting! I think I'll do a little research on all three and see if they find their way to my TBR list soon! Oh, and congrats to your kids on their jobs - love that they enjoy the work so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I LOVE to read and always have a fiction and nonfiction book going :) The books were great and I am still enjoying "Going Slow," so much to takeaway from it. It is a blessing that my kids both love their jobs, I do not take that for granted, to God be all the glory!

      Delete
  3. I hope you're able to visit your brother and family. It's so nice that we can see family and friends again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I agree! It's been way too long. My husband woke up with a cold this morning, so we are praying we are all healthy by Thursday so we can go!

      Delete
  4. How fun that both your kids are working at Chic Fil A!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They love it! It is a blessing for sure. They also love the perks ;)

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.