"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Paleo Chili

I had not had chili in almost 2 years before I made this paleo pumpkin chili. With all my food allergies/intolerances, it is not something I thought I could have, I would have to leave too many ingredients out. However, I decided to try it with only the ingredients I could eat. I could not believe that it tasted like REAL chili!!! It had no tomatoes, pasta, pepper, or chili powder, which are some of the main staples of my chili. It was so good and made great leftovers. I told Matt that I should have
made his chili and he said "No need, this one is so good!" Even Elijah liked it, which is a MAJOR win in my book! I am looking forward to making it again next week when the temps get a little cooler again.

Ingredients

  • 1 lb ground beef (sub turkey)
  • 1 yellow onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups carrot, chopped
  • 1 cup sweet potato, chopped
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 4 cups beef broth
  • 12 tbsp fresh cilantro
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp cumin  
  • 1 avocado, diced  
 
Directions:
  1. Using a large pot or dutch oven, saute the beef on medium heat until browned. Remove from the pot and set aside, reserving about half of the fat in the pot for cooking.
  2. Saute the onions on medium heat for about 5 minutes, then add in the garlic and saute for another few minutes.
  3. Add the carrots and sweet potato stirring occasionally for 5-8 minutes or until slightly softened.
  4. Pour the broth, pumpkin puree, and ground beef in and stir well. Add the seasonings (reserving half of the cilantro for garnish) and stir well.
  5. Bring the chili to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste to ensure the veggies are cooked to liking and season further to taste.
  6. Serve the chili topped with avocado and cilantro.
 The link to the Paleo Pumpkin Chili (AIP,  WHOLE 30) that we modified is here. Let me know what's in your favorite chili recipe and if this one sounds good to you 😋

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.