"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, October 25, 2014

She's 12 today!

 
  Here's a story, of a little lady, who came tearing into this world twelve years ago and changed our lives in so many ways. She calls me "Mommy or Mom" and I call her "precious, sweets, love, Kayla Bayla, beautiful, Kayla, Kayla McKenzie" (when the need arises), and so many more.

I cannot entirely describe my feelings on her turning twelve. She has brought and continues to bring so much joy into our lives. She changes daily and I feel so incredibly blessed to be such a huge part of her life. But, as she continues to get older, our time together gets shorter and I know it's a part of life, but I just don't feel ready!
Kayla, my sweet daughter, I am so incredibly blessed to be called your Mom. You are so beautiful, inside and out.  I love seeing your sense of humor. I love seeing you persevere in difficulty and coming out stronger. I love seeing you interact with your brother, you were made for the big sister role and you do it so well! Your love for your brother shows and he has the best sister in the world, and he knows it! I love your sweet spirit, your willingness to help others and your love of little kids and your kindness to others. You are like me in so many ways, but you are so uniquely you as well. I think you are an incredible musician and I am so excited to see where God leads you. I pray that you will continue to be a blessing to those around you and that you will always look to God for guidance. I also pray that you will be a leader and not a follower. I love you so much more than I ever thought would be possible. You are amazing and I look forward to see you continue to change and grow in God's grace.

 
                                    
 
 


 
 




 
Reading to her brother :)....
 
 





Happy 5th birthday...
 
 Happy 6th birthday....
 
 



 
7th....
 
 
8th...
 
 
9th...
 


 
10th...
 
11th...
 
 








 
Happy 12th birthday my little love!!



 
Some of my random favorite pictures of Miss Kayla over the years...
 
 
 










 




 
 
 

 
 
 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.