"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Week

We had a great Christmas. Our kids didn't even seem to notice that we stuck to the "3 gift" rule this year. It made for a much simpler Christmas. I didn't sleep much on Christmas Eve, I was so excited for Christmas to come and my sister and her family to come visit us. I started waking up around midnight. Around 5am Elijah got up and read by himself for a while. He was trying to make enough noise to wake Kayla up, without going in and waking her up. I got up with him at 6:30, he kept sneaking into our room, waiting on someone to get up with him...although he never actually woke anyone up! So, I played with him and ate breakfast until Kayla got up, at 7. Once she was up we pulled Matt out of bed and let the kids open their presents. They were very excited about everything they got and not at all disappointed about what they didn't get. They are amazing kids.
That afternoon, my sister, her husband and my niece arrived. We were all so excited! The kids opened some more presents and then just played with Clara.
On Wednesday, we just hung out, playing, talking etc...Matt and Bobby went and caught a movie in the afternoon and I took down the Christmas tree, with my sister's help. I wouldn't normally take it down that early, but we put it up early and I was ready to start putting the house back in order.
Thursday we baby-sat Clara so my sister and her husband could celebrate their 9th anniversary.
 











We had a very enjoyable and laid back week. Matt had taken the whole week off as well and it was so nice sleeping in!

"Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!"
2 Corinthians 9:15

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.