"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Flying High

So, Matt and I haven't been out on a date in MONTHS...the last time we planned a date, I ended up with pneumonia and we spent the evening on the couch watching TV. Part of the reason we've not been going out is because we are on a budget and money has been tight. However, my mom sent us some money for Christmas and Matt made a little bit of money on his recent trip to Utah.
Yesterday, Matt and I had a date. It started with my CT scan, followed by a doctor's appointment (exciting stuff). The good news is that my CT scan showed perfect sinuses...no surgery in my future. The next step is to follow up with a neurologist and see what else could be causing sinus headaches and pressure.
When we finished there we went to Bass, which has always been my favorite clothing store. I can always go in there and find clothes and shoes that I want. Our trip there yesterday was disappointing. Their selection has gone way down and the prices on clothes has gone up. I left empty handed yesterday, although I found shoes I wanted! But, I didn't need them.
After that we went to TGI Friday's for dinner. It was soooooooooooo good. Again, it's been forever since we've been to a sit down restaurant and forever since we've had a meal without the kids. It was so nice to sit and talk and hold hands :)
After dinner we went to Old Navy, looking for some clothes. I haven't really shopped there much, but they had great prices and I got shirts! I was VERY excited to find some stuff that I liked. The prices were between $4-8!!
Our last stop of the night was Books-a-million. Matt and I are bookaholics...and again, forever since we've even been in a bookstore. We spent at least an hour wandering around looking at stuff. I ended up buying "The Circle Maker" which is a book my Sunday School class is going to work through in January. I also bought a homeschooling magazine and "Your Girl" by Vicki Courtney...it talks about how to raise a godly daughter in an ungodly world...looking forward to reading my new books!
I know it sounds silly, they were all simple little things. But, not having been able to do them in forever, it really made us appreciate it more and appreciate our time together more. I love being able to hang out with my best friend and spend time making that friendship stronger! God is good!!!


"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change life shifting shadows." James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.