"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, December 20, 2012

8 months later

Well, it's been a long time since I've been on here. It's been so long that I forgot my website and password...but luckily had it written down.

To say that life has been busy would be an understatement. To say that time gets away from us, would also be an understatement. Some updates since my last post...

In the spring Kayla played soccer...
 
She is #4...

In April we went to Bible Quizzing Finals in Atlanta, Georgia. While we were there we went to the Coca-Cola factory, the Aquarium and visited with the Cowan family (friends from Singapore!).



 
Elijah with his friend Dano :)
                                                   Me and Amber (Dano's Mom)
Kayla placed 6th place @Regionals out of all the quizzers there!! All the girls on her team did amazing!!
 
In May, Matt and I celebrated our 13 year anniversary :)
 
We also met his sister Emily's son Nathan for the first time! (They had him while we were overseas)
We think he's a keeper :)
 
In June we were crazy busy...we did a family reunion with all my siblings and my mom...
All the kids....
My brother Jimmy "Bubba", my sisters Lori and Jennifer, me (holding Clara, who was stealing the show!) and my Mom, Margaret...can you tell we are related?! Love being closer to them again!
 
After the reunion, me, Matt and the kids headed off to Myrtle beach with Lori and her family...
We had a great time...the thing that made the trip amazing, is that it was my mom, sister and nephew's first time to the beach!!! It was really neat to see it through their perspective.
After that, my two nephews spent a week at my house...we went to the pool, Carowinds, Discovery Place, the McDowell Nature Center, parks....
 
 
 
After that, we took my nephews back to Indiana and spending another week with them there...we went to the Indianapolis Children's Museum, parks, the pool....
When we got back it was July and it passed in a blur as well...
We had our friends, Mark, Lynette, Katelyn and Alex here for a long weekend (friends we made in Singapore who now live in VA). Then we did a bunch of play dates, trips to Carowinds, the kids went to Children's Church camp for 5 days, in Asheville, (I worked on lesson plans), then we made another trip to TN...
Before we knew it it was August! The kids went to Vacation Bible School and spent 4 days with Grandpa and Grandma. When they got back it was time to start school!!! Kayla started 5th grade and Elijah started 2nd...
 
We meet with a Homeschooling Co-op on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3 weeks out of the month...Kayla was busy with Gymnastics on Tuesday afternoons, Elijah had soccer skills Monday afternoon, soccer practice on Tuesday afternoons and soccer games on Saturday mornings. They are both involved with Bible Quizzing at Church, which practices Sunday nights, and they have a Quiz Meet one Saturday morning a month. They are also involved in our Church's Caravan program (which is like scouts) (I do a ladies Bible Study during this time) and they meet on Wednesday nights. They are also involved in our Church's worship Arts program, which this semester was preparing for a Christmas program. Not to mention that we attend Sunday School and Sunday morning services on Sunday....
 
 
Did I mention Matt was the coach of Elijah's soccer team??? Isn't he cute?
Elijah did score a goal this season and we were/are so proud of him...
 
I also had a sleep study in August...the findings were insomnia...go figure...pills for that...
 
In September I went on a ladies retreat with my Church to Ridgecrest, North Carolina...it was a great time of relaxation and renewal...
I also took the kids on a field trip to Old Salem with my friend Julie in the middle of the month...we were studying colonial times in our State Geography and the kids really enjoyed seeing how people lived "back then."
 
 
October rolled around and we were as busy as ever...my sister Jennifer and her sweet family came to see us the first weekend, bringing her puppy as well...
 
 
 
 
 
We went to a play with our co-op, "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" and we loved it!!! Matt got to go with us :)
 
Elijah broke his arm at soccer skills...him and a few teammates decided to challenge the adults to soccer, after practice...the result was a grandmother kicked the ball and it hit him "just right." It didn't slow him down, at all and he played his next soccer game...
 
Kayla hit double digits...
 
 
Halloween...
Fall festival at Church...
 
November hit hard, but finally showed a slowing down in our schedule...Elijah finished up his soccer season...got his cast off (the arm healed nicely!)...Matt's sister Emily and her family moved back to the Charlotte area, after living in Washington for several years...we had Thanksgiving break...where we headed to Virginia to spend time with our friends, Marc and Lynette...also stopping in to see our friends George, Jill, Julie and Claire (friends from Nairobi, but living 25 min away from Lynette (Singapore)....it really is a small world...
 
 
 
 
Which brings us to December (aren't you thankful?!)...Matt went to Utah for two weeks of training...leaving me in charge of the house...I got my 4th illness in 2 months (sinus infection, pneumonia, sinus infection, bronchitis), ended up taking both kids to the doctor, they went on antibiotics, the kids had their Sunday school parties this month, dress rehearsal for their Christmas program, had their Christmas program and we were very thankful that Matt's whole family got to enjoy it with us! We wrapped up the term at co-op, Kayla finished gymnastics and decided not to pursue it next year, Matt returned from Utah and we finished up our semester today! The reason I've had time to finally update my blog...the kids have gone to their grandparents house :) They will spend two nights with them and we will get them back on Saturday when we celebrate Christmas with Matt's whole family!
 
 
 
 
 
 
So, that's what's been going on with us for the last few months...my health still continues to be an issue, I am off antibiotics, but not completely healed. I went to an ENT yesterday to see if the problem could be with my sinuses. I go tomorrow for a CT scan and then follow up with the ENT doctor again. I am praying for answers...sorry it's been so long since I've written...I will try to be a better manager of my time so it's not another 8 months before I am on here again...but I don't make any promises!
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change life shifting shadows." James 1:17
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:2-3
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.