"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Candy Canes

Did you know the first candy canes were used as a pacifier for a baby?
Seriously!!
This is one of the things we learned on Wednesday while learning about some of the symbols that represent Christmas.
It just so happens that I also had coloring books on The Legend of the Candy Cane, left over from something I had bought for my Mops Moms for Christmas several years ago :)
"Look at the candy cane-what do you see?
Stripes that are red like the blood shed for me.
White is for my Savior who's sinless and pure!
"J" is for Jesus, my Lord, that's for sure!
Turn it around and a staff you will see-
Jesus, my shepherd, was born for me!"- Author Unknown
Do you know what you are putting on your tree? And the meaning behind it?
Remember when you are putting the candy canes on your tree, the story behind it and the invitation to "taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.