"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, October 29, 2023

Share Four Somethings-October 2023

October has been a weird, hard, crazy month. Long story short, Elijah ended up having surgery at the beginning of the month, and is still recovering. He was off work most of the month, and went back this past week for 3 half days. He has 3 more follow up appointments lined up.

I had a bunch of lab work done this month, and while the results are in, I don't have an appointment to discuss them with my doctor until November 21. Basically, my entire body is out of whack and needs assistance. On a different note, I have had bronchitis for a week and half and trying to recover from that. And, just today I found out that I got the nanny job with a family I have been chatting with for over a month, I start tomorrow. Anyway, I am happy to be able to look back over the month and link up with Jennifer to share my Four Somethings. I will be sharing things I've loved, learned, read, and ate!

 Something Loved

I loved having a girl scout troop come in for their "fun" badge. I loved having a few new students. I loved celebrating Kayla's 21st birthday. I loved having a friend unexpectedly drop off a dozen roses and a card praying for me to get to feeling better.

 
 
 

Something Learned 

I learned some new medical terms with my son's surgery, not something he would want me talking about here, so I will leave it at that.

Something Read

This month's reading has been hit or miss I have had 4-5 star reads since my last post. I won't say much about them, but you can click on the book cover if you would like to see all my thoughts on the book. Created to Dream is one of the most impactful nonfiction books I have read in months and C. C. Warrens Holly Series is one of my all time favorite suspense series.

 
 

Something I Ate

I made spaghetti with zucchini noodles and homemade meatballs, it was super yummy! Other than that nothing new.

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
 
What is something you have loved, learned, read, or ate this month?? To see what other bloggers are sharing this month head over to Jennifer's blog.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new nanny job, Cindy! I'm sad to hear you and Elijah have been fighting sickness. I pray you both continue to heal and gain strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that there have been (and continue to be) so many physical challenges. Praying that Elijah is feeling stronger every day and that you can get some answers (and help) for yourself as well! Congratulations on the new job. I somehow missed that you were wanting to nanny again. Is the new business still going ok? Hope you have a great November!! I'm often slow getting around to reading posts, etc. - but always enjoy stopping by!! Hugs to you -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jennifer, the sewing business is going ok, not great. We gained 2 new students (yay!) and then lost one because her daughter has cancer, and she needs to focus on her (makes perfect sense!). So it's one step forward, one step back. I have two people scheduled for trial classes this month and we will see where it goes. I am not making money on the sewing business and I need to be making money, so I am nannying two days a week.

      Delete
  3. New jobs are exciting (and sometimes scary). I hope and pray this will be a great fit for you and your family. Mysterious medical stuff is no fun, hoping you find some direction and answers to all of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Bethany! I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.