"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Share Four Somethings-August 2023

This month has gone by quickly and I can't believe Friday is September. This has been a weird summer. We moved Kayla back to school on Saturday, and now I am trying to get back into a new routine, again. Anyway, I am happy to be able to look back over the month and link up with Jennifer to share my Four Somethings. I will be sharing things I've loved, learned, read, and ate!

 Something Loved

I started going to a gym and working with a private trainer. She set the class up for four ladies that would not normally go to a gym for whatever reason. I have gone three weeks, this last week I was the only one, and the two previous weeks there were only two of us. Ya'll, if you ever needed the motivation to get yourself back into a workout routine, I highly recommend doing something like this. It jump started my motivation, and the things I learned last week, challenged me throughout this week. I learned my core is not as strong as I thought it was🤦. Chrissy is constantly correcting me on my form, which helped me with my workouts at home this past week. I have also learned where I can add weights to my home workout that I do.

Something Learned 

So much. Maybe I should have have put my fitness class here, LOL. But, I learned that my years of food allergies/intolerances have a cause...I have a histamine intolerance. Knowing is half the battle, right? You can read more about how I learned, causes and symptoms in my health updates post.

Something Read

I have been reading a lot of nonfiction on allergies and histamine intolerance...but I have also been able to read quite a bit of fiction this month as well. Here are my three 5-star books from the month, you can click on the cover if you would like to read my reviews.

 

Something I Ate

Where as last month I said I ate EVERYTHING, this month has been much better. I had already started eliminating things I had been eating that I shouldn't (looking at you cookies and bagels), and have been trying to restrict more things so I will feel better. Here are a few pictures of what I ate this month:

 

While I was enjoying those chicken and cauliflower noodle meals, I now know I can't eat the noodles anymore, they have too many ingredients. I will have to try it with the cauliflower rice and see if it takes as good. The noodles don't have as strong a cauliflower taste as the rice though (probably all those dratted ingredients!!)

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
 
What is something you have loved, learned, read, or ate this month?? To see what other bloggers are sharing this month head over to Jennifer's blog.

6 comments:

  1. I joined a gym this month too! My mom and I have started going to Curves and I love that we keep each other accountable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, that is wonderful!! I love that you have someone to work out with!!!

      Delete
  2. WOW - congrats on going to the gym AND using a trainer. And eliminating those triggers. You are kicking feeling lousy to the curb. You go girl! Here's to a month ahead of feeling so much better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jennifer! I appreciate it :)

      Delete
  3. Great job going to the gym, working with a trainer, setting new routines, eating healthier, and studying about your allergy. A great start to Fall!

    ReplyDelete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.