"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Share Four Somethings-May 2023

May felt like it went faster than it ever has before. We were halfway through the month before I realized we were in May. I am, once again, not sure what we did this month. It was just a blur of busyness that has left us pretty exhausted. I do enjoy looking back over the month and linking up with Jennifer to share my Four Somethings. I will be sharing things I've loved, learned, read, and ate!

 Something Loved

I got to see my mom and all my siblings this month! It had been almost a year since I had seen several of them, and a few years longer since I had seen one of them. I also picked strawberries from my mom's garden, which I thought was SUPER cool. I might have planted my own strawberries yesterday, LOL!

Something Learned 

I am still learning to crochet new stuff, which is so much fun. I am currently working on an Amigurumi Lion, which looks more like a cone head than a lion, we'll see how it turns out πŸ˜‚

 Something Read

May was a busy month with travel and just stuff. I didn't read quite as much as I have been reading, but one of my favorite books from May is The Words We Lost by Nicole Deese. The Words We Lost is a powerful book of friendship, love, loss, and second chances. I highly recommend it. You can always see what I am reading on my book blog or my Goodreads page.

Something I Ate

You all, please be proud of me πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I actually remembered to take a few pictures of what I was eating this month πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚! The first picture is homemade BBQ sauce, the second is Mojo Chicken with the BBQ sauce, and the third is a Lime Beef dish over brown rice.

To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
 
What is something you have loved, learned, read, or ate this month?? To see what other bloggers are sharing this month head over to Jennifer's blog.

10 comments:

  1. Yay for family time! Those strawberries look delicious. I have never been successful trying to grow fruits or veggies (but I can grow herbs and basil in particular really well).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, this is my first year trying to grow anything. We will see how it goes :)

      Delete
  2. Cindy, such great photos of you with your family! Everyone looks so joyful!
    Kudos that you are still working on learning to crochet, I find it so relaxing, I crochet even if I don't actually make anything!
    Good luck on your strawberry plants!!
    That book looks so good, I'm adding that to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! I am LOVING crocheting. I agree, it is so relaxing! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Linda, I have quite a few food intolerances, so this was a win for me! I had not had BBQ sauce in a few years.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you were able to spend time with your family, Cindy! Family is such precious treasures! And you can't go wrong with crocheting, reading, and eating. :) Have an awesome (and hopefully restful) June!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time with family is awesome! Good job on working on your crochet! I've started a new project too! Blessings on your June! Pam

    ReplyDelete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.