"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, December 2, 2022

Share Four Somethings November 2022

I blinked and November was gone. I am not even sure I remember what we did this month, LOL! Anyway, share four somethings is a monthly link-up hosted by Heather Gerwing (thank you Heather!) where you literally share four somethings on the fourth Saturday of the month (or whenever you get around to it 😂). The categories are Something Loved, Something Gleaned, Something Braved, and Something Achieved.

Something Loved

There is so much I have loved over the past month but I pretty much talked about it all in my post Happy Thanksgiving/Update. Although, right after I typed that I thought of another one. Now that we are in Ohio we can attend Kayla's choir performances/concerts since she is only an hour and 35 minutes away! We went to her choir performance Wednesday night and really enjoyed seeing her sing, and seeing her excitement after her performance!

Something Gleaned 

I read Where is God in This by Landra Young Hughes at the beginning of November. It is a very good book, one I wouldn't mind owning (I read it on Kindle). So much of the book resonated with me and I imagine would for you as well. For example, "See, I'm in the middle of what has to be the most soul-draining season of my life.and another one, "Some of the most difficult tensions we encounter as Christians (and humans) involve the desire to control." Guilty!! If you'd like to check out all my thoughts they are here.

 Something Braved or Saved

Job hunting. Putting yourself out there and trying to find a job, it takes bravery! To see more about this you can check out my post Happy Thanksgiving/Update since nothing has changed on this front since I wrote it!

Something Achieved

We moved from North Carolina to Ohio. While there have been several hiccups along the way, including a delay in the carpet being replaced (although it is happening today! YAY), we are glad to be here and attempting to get settled in. Right now, the house feels like a big money pit! Every time we turn around we find something else is broken, or not wired right, or something. We are replacing the washer and dryer, the new ones come tomorrow, the top rack of the dishwasher is broken, a faucet in our master bathroom is broken...I could go on but I won't. I will say, regardless of it all, we know we are where we are supposed to be. Once we get past these headaches I truly believe we are going to love our house. 

So, what about you? What is something that you have loved in this month? Something you have gleaned? Something achieved and something brave? I would love to hear from you!
 
"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20
 
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
 

To see what other bloggers are sharing this month head over to Heather's blog by clicking on the icon below.

 

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your move from NC to Ohio. Moving is an accomplishment! I'm sorry to hear of all the transitional difficulties, but I trust on the other side, you'll be so happy to have everything taken care of and behind you. I'm so glad you are able to enjoy Kayla's concerts as a family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that you can attend Kayla's concerts and performances! Being so close to your girlie is well worth that money pit - lol!!:) Hope you hear something soon regarding your job searches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jennifer! Yes, money pit, the refrigerator went out overnight and we are waiting for a call from the home warranty service!!! Prayers appreciated!!

      Delete
  3. i'm enjoying hearing about your home-adventures, Cindy. one day at a time, one project at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to "go back in time" to find your post about moving to Ohio after your kind comment about us being moving buddies. We're in the same state but not particularly close to each other, but it's comforting to have someone in the blog world that understands some of what we're dealing with in relocating! Praying that everything falls into place beautifully for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kym! I hope you are feeling settled soon! I am still hopeful we will be settled by Christmas :)

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.