"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, December 17, 2022

Not Ready

Christmas is quickly approaching and I am struggling to believe it is only a week away. I find myself thinking of how I am not ready. I haven't finished shopping. I don't feel like it is Christmas. I feel like the season is passing us by and I haven't had time to stop and enjoy it.

Why?

Because of all the distractions. 

We are STILL trying to settle the house. But, it is a slow process.

Why?

Because of all the distractions.

The refrigerator breaking.

The facet breaking.

Trying to get our licenses-that's a story that I will leave at 3/4 of us have our Ohio licenses.

Furniture being delivered but legs on a couch are broken, then trying to find replacement legs. 

All of this and more are distracting from the house getting settled. All the things take time. 

Christmas is supposed to be a season of joyful anticipation. It is the season of Christ's birth. It is also representative of Jesus coming back. And He is going to come back. But, I think if we are honest we often feel like we are not ready. For Christmas and what it represents and for Christ's return.

Why?

Because of all the distractions.

We get lost in the prepping of the season, the secular part, all the buying of gifts, sending of cards, wrapping of presents, while still trying to live our overly busy daily lives. Instead of joy and anticipation we feel weary and tired. Overwhelmed with all the things. 

Friend, this is not how we are to feel. I would encourage you (and me!) to slow down and savor this season. Let's not get distracted from the true meaning of Christmas by all the things that want to distract us. Let's rejoice in the Savor's birth. Let's rejoice that Christ is coming back and this world is not our home. Let's savor this time with family and friends, basking in the joy and delight of the season. Let's ready our hearts for the true meaning of Christmas and do the best we can to set aside the distractions. Let's ask Christ to renew our joy and anticipation of the season. Let's remember it's not about the presents it's about His presence (I am preaching to the choir as one of my love languages is giving, I LOVE to give gifts).

Merry Christmas!

(P.S. Enjoy the pictures of us not being ready as we tried to take pictures for the Christmas card 😂)

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20
 
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17








4 comments:

  1. At least you are still laughing, making memories and rockin the family pjs!!:) A great reminder of all of us, Cindy. Thanks! Hopefully this week will be one with extra moments of peace and Christmas joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I am trying. Some days are easier than others.

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.