"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, December 22, 2022

Share Four Somethings-December 2022

I am not sure how we are already in the middle of December, with Christmas only a week away. Yet, here we are. Today is the last monthly share four somethings of the year. Share four somethings is a monthly link-up hosted by Heather Gerwing (thank you Heather!) where you literally share four somethings on the fourth Saturday of the month (or whenever you get around to it 😂). The categories are Something Loved, Something Gleaned, Something Braved, and Something Achieved.

Something Loved

I have loved the family time we are getting with Kayla home from school for the holidays. I have loved setting up the house, despite the almost daily hiccups. I have loved exploring new places, including the library and getting my library card 😂

Something Gleaned 

Because I zoomed in on this post I can't remember who to give credit to on Instagram, but it's a great reminder.


 Something Braved or Saved

Last month I said job hunting here. I did not get the online job I was interested in, or the nanny position I wanted. I am still talking with one family, but I am pretty sure I don't want that position, so nothing is finalized. This seems to be our theme for life right now.

Something Achieved

We braved the DMV (although here it is called the BMV) and 3 out of 4 of us walked out with our new licenses. Long story short, we will wait until Elijah is 18 to go back and switch his license from NC to OH.

So, what about you? What is something that you have loved in this month? Something you have gleaned? Something achieved and something brave? I would love to hear from you!
 
"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20
 
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
 

To see what other bloggers are sharing this month head over to Heather's blog by clicking on the icon below.

14 comments:

  1. I also just got my new library card this past week and was ridiculously thrilled about it! LOL We're planning to switch over our licenses and all of that in January, and I suppose I'll start job hunting for myself then. How did December go by so quickly?! Happy Holidays! Visiting from SFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kym, library cards are the best! Not sure what part of Ohio you moved to, but the system here is FABULOUS! I have visited 2 of the libraries in person and have a stack of books, LOL! Good luck with the job hunting! Praying you find something soon.

      Delete
  2. Praying you find the perfect position for you, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah!! Merry Christmas to you as well!

      Delete
  3. Oh, the stories we could tell about our experiences at the DMV! I'm glad that at least three of you got your licenses. And that you got your new library card (almost as important as a driver's license, in my opinion)! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lois, exactly, I can do more with my library card than my driver's license, LOL!

      Delete
  4. I love libraries! And I hope you find the right job soon. Hope you had a happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley, I love libraries as well. When cities have multiple ones I enjoy visiting them all to see which ones I prefer to frequent :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad your transition into your new home is full of grace in the midst of the daily hiccups, Cindy! It sounds like you'll have a wonderful year with family as you explore your new area together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that I commented on this post. I even remember what I said. Oh sigh...not sure what happened to it - but I will take this time to wish you all the best for the new year. Especially as you settle into your "new normal" and routine there. Exciting to see all that God has in store for you and your family in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I am pretty sure you did and that I responded, it may eventually end up in my spam folder, blogger has gotten weird but I don't know how to fix it! Thank you, I really appreciate your encouragement!

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.