"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Share four somethings-October 2022

I cannot believe an entire month has gone by since I last posted!! With two trips to Ohio, researching houses, packing up our current house, baby-sitting, and just trying to breathe, this month has passed in a blur of activity. I was in Elijah's room recently and noticed his calendar and I said, "It's October?!" Yeah, it was October 18th!!! Y'all, I am just SO tired! Anyway, share four somethings is a monthly link-up hosted by Heather Gerwing (thank you Heather!) where you literally share four somethings on the fourth Saturday of the month (or whenever you get around to it 😂). The categories are Something Loved, Something Gleaned, Something Braved, and Something Achieved.

 Something Loved

There is so much I have loved about this month. First, getting to see my daughter TWICE this month since we made two trips to Ohio to go house hunting. The first trip we were only there a full day, the second was her fall break and we were there for 3 full days. Second, my son has finally started having work friends over (he's worked there a year and a half). He has been loving it and so have we, it's so much fun to hear him and his friends laughing and cutting up. Third, getting to celebrate my daughter's 20th birthday when we were in Ohio last weekend!

Something Gleaned
 
I read Invisible: How You Feel is Not Who You Are by Jennifer Rothschild this month. It is a good book and several parts really resonated with me. For example, "When we neglect the truth of who God is, we eventually reject the truth of who we are." If you'd like to check out all my thoughts they are here.

 Something Braved or Saved

I can't think of anything braved this month, but I have saved quite a few things. Games that we saw when house hunting that might make good Christmas presents 😂

Books at Barnes and Noble that will be good for gifts or to see if our "new" local library will have them to read!
And then we saw these Lego sets at Barnes and Noble as well. You all, the creators of Lego's continue to get more creative, trying to draw us all in. We used to live in Singapore so seeing something represented from there was REALLY cool.
I used to watch FRIENDS all the time and thought these Lego sets were pretty cool!
We are planning to replace the carpet in our new house. The current owners have multiple cats and I am allergic to cat hair. We thought about just cleaning it but decided for peace of mind we would just replace it. The pictures might be hard to see, but these are two very soft, but different options.
Something Achieved

After looking at over 200 houses online, over twenty in person, going into two multi-offer situations, we finally got a house! We close on our current house November 1st and we close on this one in Brunswick, Ohio on November 11th. I can't tell you how ready I am for this whole process to be over. We have sold houses before, and moved into houses before, but never have we done both at the same time. It has been a lot. Regardless, in the end, I know it will all be worth it. I am just very thankful we find a house and *should* be fairly settled by Thanksgiving! To God be the glory!

So, what about you? What is something that you have loved in this month? Something you have gleaned? Something achieved and something brave? I would love to hear from you!
 
"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20
 
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
 

To see what other bloggers are sharing this month head over to Heather's blog by clicking on the icon below.

 

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations for finding a house in Ohio, and for find a seller for your current house! Those are two definite achievements! I think packing, house hunting and having a house listed for sale are definitely things "braved" this month, Cindy. I'm so glad you were able to visit with your daughter and celebrate her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh so much joy and change and anticipation! this fall has served you well! looking forward to hearing how things unfold in the days ahead, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. Prayers appreciated for this season!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on getting a new house! Such fun times ahead. You had a busy month, but November may be even busier as you move. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy month! Congratulations on a new house!! I hope all went smoothly with your settlement yesterday. I suppose you are "homeless" for a few days. Praying that the move-in to the new home goes well - and that you can get some much needed extra sleep soon!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, yes, we are homeless right now, but they are going to move the closing up a day or two since the 11th is a holiday and the title company is closed :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on finding a house, and I hope everything works out smoothly the rest of the way! My husband and I are making a move to Ohio in just over a week and will have to start house-hunting once we get there (except that we plan to rent for awhile).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, Kym, what part of Ohio? The houses are flying off the market there! We did not want to rent because our kiddos have anxiety issues and we need to be settled sooner rather than later. Good luck with your move.

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.