"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Share Four Somethings-September 2022

Can I just tell you that I feel like a lifetime has passed since my last share four somethings post, just a month ago?? I am not sure where September went, but it was busy. Share four somethings is a monthly link-up hosted by Heather Gerwing (thank you Heather!) where you literally share four somethings on the fourth Saturday of the month (or whenever you get around to it 😂). The categories are Something Loved, Something Gleaned, Something Braved, and Something Achieved.

 Something Loved

I love getting pictures from my daughter (she is away at college). This month she sent me some pictures of her crochet projects and pictures of her dressed up to do things with her friends 😊 Looking forward to seeing her in a few weeks!!! I am also loving my son's new glasses and that he is now driving himself to and from work!!

with Blanca!! ↓

Something Gleaned

I read Get Your Life Back: Everyday Practices for a World Gone Mad by John Eldredge this month. It is a fabulous book and one I highly recommend. I finished it this morning so I don't have it up on my book blog yet, but hope to within a few days. A few of the quotes that have resonated with me:

We've been sucked into a pace of life nobody's enjoying.

I had little capacity for relationships and the things that bring me life-a walk in the woods, dinner with friends, a cold plunge in a mountain lake. When I did steal a moment for something life-giving, I was so distracted I couldn't enjoy it."

The world has gone completely mad, and it's trying to take our souls with it.

...the constant stimulation of our choatic world causes us to live in state of hyper- vigilance.

 Something Braved or Saved

This month I went to a new hairdresser...twice! The first time I braved letting her cut my hair...which really required bravery because she gave me bangs! 

 
The second time I had her give my hair some low/high lights. 
First picture is before, the other two are after:
 
   
Something Achieved

For those who have not had a chance to come by the blog this month, we are moving to Cleveland, Ohio! My something achieved this past month was getting the house ready for the market, getting a storage unit, and packing up quite a bit of our things. You can read the details on the move and what all had to get done here. 

I am still learning to crochet and made a scarf that I gifted this month. I am working on several different patterns of scarves for Christmas presents. It is a great way to relax!

So, what about you? What is something that you have loved in this month? Something you have gleaned? Something achieved and something brave? I would love to hear from you!
 
"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20
 
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
 

To see what other bloggers are sharing this month head over to Heather's blog by clicking on the icon below.

6 comments:

  1. Your new haircut looks great, Cindy! Your daughter looks like she is thriving in school life and your son looks handsome. Congratulations on your husband's new job! Packing is a huge accomplishment! Praying you and your family experience His grace and peace as you transition from Charlotte to Cleveland. Great job on the crocheted scarf too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa! I appreciate the encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Your "new" hair is adorable. Well done - braving a new stylist is a big one!! Great photos of your children! High fives to your son for driving himself to work. That's cool! Here's to a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 somethings is always a highlight ... and your hair looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.