"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, September 15, 2022

God is in the details

I don't know about you, but sometimes when the chaos is swirling I get super overwhelmed. If you take a look around, chaos is everywhere. Each person I know seems to be going through something. I found an acronym for CHAOS that states: Can't Handle Another Overwhelming Situation. How true is this?? Looking around, we start to wonder where God is. It can feel like He doesn't see us or doesn't care. I am thankful for the reminders that God is in the details; we are not in this (whatever this is) alone.

Yesterday I posted on Facebook that God is in the details. Our house went on the market yesterday (originally scheduled for 9/22), and in the afternoon, Matt received his orders for Cleveland (had been told it would take 4-12 weeks for it to happen). (If you missed the "We're Moving" post you can read it here) While some might say it as a coincidence, I see it as God reaffirming, once again, that we are doing what He wants us to do. I think it is pretty amazing, and a great testimony, of the way God's timing is working out. 

Sometimes we forget God is in the details. Sometimes we don't see it until later. Sometimes we don't see it at all. Yet, Scripture reassures us that God is in the details: 

 “Are not five sparrows sold for two cents? Yet not one of them is forgotten before God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows." Luke 12:6-7 

Don't you think the God who numbered the hairs on our head, knows the number of days of our lives, also cares about the day to day of our lives? If you are not seeing Him, might I suggest inviting Him in? I used to tell my youth group that God is polite. He will knock at the door, even try to get your attention, but He will not break down the door. You have to open it. I will be the first to admit I don't always see God in the details, but I will also tell you it's when I am too busy to realize what He is doing for me. I heard the song, "God is in this Story," while I was getting ready this morning. It reassures, WAY better than I can, that God cares and is in the details. I invite you to read the lyrics below, and if you have time, listen to the song. There are days I need it on repeat.

God Is In This Story Lyrics  (listen here)

[Verse 1: Katy Nichole]
There's torn-up pages in this book
Words that tell me I'm no good
Chapters that defined me for so long
But the hands of grace and endless love
Dusted off and picked me up
Told my heart that hope is never gone

[Chorus: Katy Nichole]
God is in this story, God is in the details
Even in the broken parts, He holds my heart, He never fails
When I'm at my weakest, I will trust in Jesus
Always in the highs and lows, the One who goes before mе
God is in this story
[Verse 2: Mike Weaver]
So if the storm you're walkin' through
Feels like it's too much and you
Wondеr if He even cares at all
Well, hold on tight to what you know
He promised He won't let you go
'Cause all of healing's written in His scars

[Chorus: Katy Nichole & Mike Weaver]
God is in this story, God is in the details
Even in the broken parts, He holds my heart, He never fails
When I'm at my weakest, I will trust in Jesus
Always in the highs and lows, the One who goes before me
God is in this story

[Bridge: Katy Nichole, Mike Weaver & Both]
If it reads like addiction, if it reads like disease
He's the One who frees the prison, He's the healer of all things
If it reads like depression, if it reads broken home
He's the One who holds your sorrow, He won't leave you here alone

[Chorus: Katy Nichole, Mike Weaver & Both]
God is in this story, God is in the details
Even in the broken parts, He holds my heart, He never fails
When I'm at my weakest, I will trust in Jesus
Always in the highs and lows, the One who goes before me
Always in the highs and lows
, the One who goes before me
God is in this story (You're in this story)
God is in my story (Right here in my story)

2 comments:

  1. So grateful that our God is calm and mighty even and especially in the chaos. Praise be!

    ReplyDelete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.