"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, March 4, 2021

Motivation

 What do you do when you wake up in a funk and don't feel like doing anything? Do you already have things planned or do you plan them as the day goes on? I usually have a list of things that I need to get done every day and they change from day to day. I have found that if I write them down most of them will get done. If I don't write them down, none of them will get done. Yesterday I woke up in a funk. I think it was hormones, but I did not want to do anything, I did not feel like doing anything. I was so tired. About ten o'clock I realized I had not written anything on my calendar for the day. I am a HUGE planner and I try to write down what I should be doing so I can focus and get things done (it is also preplanned so I am not making a ton of extra decisions a day). Usually I start the list a few days in advance and then really narrow it down for the day before Elijah and I start school (I do a brain dump when things are distracting me during my devotional time). I have found that even if I don't have the energy or focus, I will still get things done that way. Maybe not as much as I would if I was feeling great, but something is better than nothing. I have had to be more intentional with my time since I started doing reviews and since we got Junior. I had no idea how much time I would be spending with him, but I spend a couple of hours a day with him. I will be SO thankful when we do not have to watch him so close and he will consistently tell us when he has to go out! Anyway, I did end up getting some things done yesterday, just not a lot. Are you a planner? What do you do to find motivation when you don't have any? I would love to hear your tips and tricks! "May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us—yes, establish the work of our hands." Psalm 90:17


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.